Pearl Jam Solos

PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
edited May 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
What are some good solos to learn from? I've been playing scales and such but cant seem to get into the solo stuff. What are easy Pearl Jam solos to learn? I know the wishlist solo but I mean are real solo. Any suggestions would be great.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• goto_lgoto_l Posts: 1,189
    Nothing as it seems- sounds harder than it really is, mostly loaded with a ton of echo & univibe type effects but the notes are easy.
    You men eat your dinner
    Eat your pork and beans
    I eat more chicken
    Than any man ever seen

• Gus_3218Gus_3218 Posts: 59
    I am Mine - my first ever solo full stop. Took me a little while longer to nail than Teen Spirit or Silverchiar's tommorrow but in my opinion, easiest PJ solo, unless u wanna count In Hiding's fill as a solo....

If u do, then thats it.....
    ‘‘If somebody said to me, in twelve years you’ll be in a band with your brother and two carrot munching geezers who don’t like football I would have said fuck off, I’m not joining the Bee Gees.’’

Noel Gallagher
  • MONKEYNUTSMONKEYNUTS Posts: 114
    a Gud Pj soLo dat USES THE PENtatonIk solO IN A decenT WAy IS ALiVE
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    thanks ill give all those a try. if anyone can think of others please post those also.
  • |-Release-||-Release-| Posts: 90
    i suggest the daughter solo, its pretty hard at first but if you just practise it alot then its quite easy.
    seems that needlessly its getting harder
  • ski4ski4 Posts: 261
    the wishlist solo is very nice and easy
    "The only thing I ever saw that came close to Objective Journalism was a closed-circuit TV setup that watched shoplifters in the General Store at Woody Creek, Colorado." hst
  • HYLAHYLA Posts: 137
    If you play acoustic the solo to Immortality is fun, and Alive is of course a classic.
  • MONKEYNUTSMONKEYNUTS Posts: 114
    MONKEYNUTS STIlL SAYS ALiVE [DE STuio versin IF U r a BEggIneR]

iTS A gREAt example of gettIn alOt out of woT is essenTially a basIk scaLE [PENtatOnIk scaLE]. DE STudio versiOn is also GUD AS MIke moves a bIT ALonG DE GEETAR nek so it wiLL HELP U IN chanGin neC POSISTiOns durin A SOLo

aLSO DE STudio VERSION IS GRAte 4 beggIners as IT ISNt to fasT

CHEK OUt http://www.giventowail.com 4 DE BEST pJ taBS
    as of now im working on I Am Mine solo. mostly just because its short and off of my favorite album. but as you post them i copy and paste the solos from from giventowail to notepad to print just the solo out later.. im gonna try to learn all the solos all you recommend.
    solos never seemed right to me ive been playing for alittle over 6 years and all i play are scales i cant seem to break out of the box patterns. so once again thanks for all the help.
  • casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
    Originally posted by MONKEYNUTS

iTS A gREAt example of gettIn alOt out of woT is essenTially a basIk scaLE [PENtatOnIk scaLE]. DE STudio versiOn is also GUD AS MIke moves a bIT ALonG DE GEETAR nek so it wiLL HELP U IN chanGin neC POSISTiOns durin A SOLo

Dude, I don't consider myself a beginner anymore - though I sound like one - but I can't pull that solo of in a zillion years. I suck at solos.
  • Gus_3218Gus_3218 Posts: 59
    Originally posted by MONKEYNUTS

totally agree, top solo....

once u nail two or three, go for Alive, u'll impress the hell out of ppl too. And its really not hard, the studio one anyway....

some live ones are just insane though..... live on SNL, drooling away, thats incredible....
    ‘‘If somebody said to me, in twelve years you’ll be in a band with your brother and two carrot munching geezers who don’t like football I would have said fuck off, I’m not joining the Bee Gees.’’

Noel Gallagher
  • The solo on Wishlist is great and easy... that was my first.
    Hi, my name is Denis and I endorse this post.
  • jodijodi Posts: 183
    my first was rhpc- californacation
    i never made time to play a pj solo..
    i will this week..
    There's a light,... when my baby's in my arms...
    And I know she's reached my heart,... in thin air
  • the mini solo in lowlight and daughter is definatlely a good one to learn
  • a_gherkina_gherkin Posts: 77
    can i suggest you learn a scale instead of a solo. that way you can make your own solos and impress the hell out of people. it is easy to sound like a guitar genius to the untrained ear with a simple pentatonic scale.

Gherk
  • PJJC6203PJJC6203 Posts: 40
    Originally posted by a_gherkin
    can i suggest you learn a scale instead of a solo. that way you can make your own solos and impress the hell out of people. it is easy to sound like a guitar genius to the untrained ear with a simple pentatonic scale.

Gherk

Good point there.

Learn Even Flow's Solo Btw.
    "Life Is one crushing defeat after another,until you just wish Flanders was dead!"
    -Homer J.Simpson
    Originally posted by PearlJamaholic
    as of now im working on I Am Mine solo. mostly just because its short and off of my favorite album. but as you post them i copy and paste the solos from from giventowail to notepad to print just the solo out later.. im gonna try to learn all the solos all you recommend.
    solos never seemed right to me ive been playing for alittle over 6 years and all i play are scales i cant seem to break out of the box patterns. so once again thanks for all the help.

hate to quote myself i believe you missed this. its the second half you missed.
  • a_gherkina_gherkin Posts: 77
    sorry man! jumped the gun there, just ignore me!
  • ALIVE definitely! at first a bit exhausting but after a while... . use a wha wha when you seem to get tired of it. that refreshs!

easy to start with is the intro part of DISSIDENT

of course DAUGHTER

if you're a sound freak try NOTHING AS IT SEEMS

PJ solos rock!
  • yellow ledbetter is a nice one to lean.

as for the pentatonic scale try learning all the notes on each string. that will help u get out of the boxes.
    ok im now got the i am mine solo so i moving on to alive now i have one question
    does the solo start at 3:38 and go untill the end? and its all G2 on from 3:38. g2 is reference from giventowail. if so its a bit overwhelming but ill try to learn this one.