cant decide

PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
edited September 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
i have a dilemma i am thinking of buying a les paul or the bassman 59 reissue. i already have a few guitars which kinda puts the amp in favor. but when i first started playing i once played a friends dads les paul and since then ive always wanted one. even though im a fender person but still. now i have no idea what les paul id get yet. it would be a new model thats all i know.
now the thing for the amp is i dont own a tube amp. im playing a 20 watt marshall valvestate through a marshall bass cabinet. i do like it but its time for a real tube amp. 7 years of playing and ive never owned one. im also looking at getting a marshall half stack but i cant seem to find a reason to get any new marshall model over the bassman reissue. so it comes down once again to gibson vs fender. fender has one this battle many times but this time im too confused which way to go alone.
thanks for any advice on this tough choice.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i'd start doing some real research on amps.
    let the boys here give you some advice.
    they have more links to crazy amp manufactures than i've ever seen.

all i know is, i think it would be a relative shame to have a beauty of an LP and be running it through some solid state sillyness.

just my uninformed opine, however.
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • all i know is, i think it would be a relative shame to have a beauty of an LP and be running it through some solid state sillyness.

just my uninformed opine, however.

never even looked at that way. makes perfect sense though. unless someone else has a great reason to go for a les paul over the amp i think my problem is solved.
  • AMP

The message you have entered is too short.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Lac Tweed 59 Bassman LTD.........heavenly. Even if it's a squire you're playing through it.

little secret, the bassman tweed will give you the marshall tones you want, with a couple of TS pedals infront of the amp. It adores Les Pauls and SG's
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.