sheet music program

PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
edited December 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
ive been looking for a program, but havent found what im looking for, that will play what is written in sheet music. does anyone know of a program that will do this? i have one that does it for tab but its not that good. it just needs to play in different times and allow me to adjust tempo.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    GuitarPro does that. you buy the program and then look for a good GuitarPro version of the song you're looking for. if you can't find one and you have a tab book or sheet music, you can put it yourself into the program. but you have to do the types of notes, pauses, and effects as it's written for it to sound right.

I actually did this with Neil Young's "Cowgirl in the Sand" (which is an incredibly long and difficult song) and it took me about an hour a night for 2 or 3 weeks to get it all onto the program. but it sounded exactly right when I was done and was a very good learning experience as far as learning on the nuances like the different pauses and the effects like staccato, vibrato, etc.
    no, I believe it is around $50, but it is worth it. however, you CAN get something like a free 2 week demo of it.
  • im looking for something free cause im just toying around.
    I doubt anything like that exists for free. good luck.
  • Do you mean something that will open midi files and play the notes, which you can adjust? NoteWorthy Composer is pretty good. Not too many restrictions on the free version either.
  • that looks to be exactly the kinda program i was looking for, thanks
  • quick question any way to get this to work in 7/8?
  • quick question any way to get this to work in 7/8?
    Insert>Time signature. Work it out from there. I think that's right.