Hand hurting...

egg_rollingegg_rolling Posts: 16
edited February 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey everyone... i've been playing guitar for about 3 years now, so i really suck at it... but there's something i'd like to ask.

When i use power chords, after a while my hand starts hurting so bad i cant finish a single song... For instance, i was trying out Jesus Of Suburbia by Green Day and i only can make it to the middle of the song! i think i press too hard on the strings... i dont know... which is the correct way of playing those chords?

please help!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Hey everyone... i've been playing guitar for about 3 years now, so i really suck at it... but there's something i'd like to ask.

When i use power chords, after a while my hand starts hurting so bad i cant finish a single song... For instance, i was trying out Jesus Of Suburbia by Green Day and i only can make it to the middle of the song! i think i press too hard on the strings... i dont know... which is the correct way of playing those chords?

please help!!!

There is a great DVD out there by a guy named Tomo Fujito, he could help you out a bunch.
    Basically, you are too tense. Relax, and make sure you are holding the neck at the proper angle. Sounds like you just need to get some good pointers and no one better then Tomo to show you.
    Amazon has his DVD, I think its called Alernative something or other. It will keep you busy for the next year.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • I would say that your first problem was that you were playing Jesus Of Suburbia ;)

My hand hurt sometimes too when I play barre chords, like any Jack Johnson tunes,

Power chords, not as much but sometimes ya
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • cjb5790cjb5790 Posts: 190
    Any of you have any ideas how to make your hands grow? My are small, and it's hard for me to play like a 7 ...Maybe I need to buy a Squier mini. ;)
    ..........................................................................................................................................7
    ..........................................................................................................................................9