question about live acts and PJ live

oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
edited April 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
i just watched a video by linkin park which is a live song ... anyway, seems everyone in the band had those ear plugs and one guitarist even had head phones on.. it reminded me that alot of acts wear those ear plugs, especially the singers.. even on tv shows like letterman

so my question is .. what are those ear plugs about? why does the linkin park guitarist wear headphones in concert? i don't believe PJ does that.. i don't remember ed or any1 else having them on in either tb2k or latg..

thnx in advance for responding
Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
As she slams the door in his drunken face
And now he stands outside
And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
And his tears fall and burn the garden green
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    most likely they are in ear monitors...and or jsut ear plugs, some people like to wear earplugs for obvious reasons..others not..some are in ear monitors so you can hear better, make sure you are singing in key etc..hear the band, music etc...in linkins park case they could have other tracks, dj stuff playing through headphones so they can hear...

eddie has said "its not rock n roll" those in ear monitors and ear pluggs...take s away the power, and feel of a live show...etc... pj doesnt wear ear plugs or in ear monitors to my knowledge...maybe ear plugs, eddie doesnt...but not headphones or in ear monitors on stage...