Options

Schecter Diamond Series

blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
edited November 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
I was looking for a new electric in the $500-$600 range, and I am in love with the pictures of this guitar (C-1 Plus).

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=031111082145209195146232826835/g=home/search/detail/base_id/39833

The reviews on harmony central are pretty good, but I was wondering if anyone out there has played one, and what you think of it. I think I might take a trip to guitar center this week to play one.
My whole life
was like a picture
of a sunny day
“We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
― Abraham Lincoln
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Where is the witch for the pickups. I see the knobs but no switch. Is it on top of a knob?

And shecters have a reputation of being well built work horse guitars if you didn't know.

I love the 2nd cd of lost dogs
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by blackredyellow
    I was looking for a new electric in the $500-$600 range, and I am in love with the pictures of this guitar (C-1 Plus).

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=031111082145209195146232826835/g=home/search/detail/base_id/39833

The reviews on harmony central are pretty good, but I was wondering if anyone out there has played one, and what you think of it. I think I might take a trip to guitar center this week to play one.

I think they are well built. I like they way they play. Metal players are getting into them now as they like the necks and the humbuckers. The guy from Papa Roach plays a C-1. It's got good sustain and nice punch. I believe the C-1 has a coil splitter and a phase switch as well on the volume and tone knobs (push pull)

If you like it. try one out. I like the way they feel. They are probably as well built as anything Fender, Gibson, or Ibanez or anyone else for that matter has in that price range anyhow.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    The new Schecters remind me of an econo Paul Reed Smith. Which is a good thing in my opinion... PRS's are great guitars, but you pay double just for the name.

Duncan-designed pickups are a plus.

On a side note, who else gets pissed off at the Mark Tremonti PRS? That's actually a nice guitar... why'd they have to name it after that hack?
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=031111183046150131025216982557/g=guitar/search/detail/base_id/87047
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    I've often thought about trying this puppy out:
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=031111183046150131025216982557/g=guitar/search/detail/base_id/89089

Love the finish, love the pickups... the headstock is a bit iffy, though.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by mr pickles
    Just bought myself the C-1 E/A which is the hollow body with regular and piezo pickups. I love this thing- it sounds incredible. The finish is great and the action is nice and low. I couldn't say anything bad about it at all except for the fact that it doesn't come standard with a gigbag or case. I would definitely recommend trying a C-1, and I never thought I'd like a Schecter until I tried one.

Indeed Mr. Pickles I like that guitar too. The holobody is nice.

McCready I've always loved PRS. Comfortable smooth, made for the player quick change locking tuners so techs like them too. My personal favorite are the hollowbody 2 and the Hollowbody spruce. The tremonti is nice but I prefer the single cut McCarty and the Custom 24's anyhow then again I'll probably never buy one though they are better built than anything coming from Gibson these days but their so "en vogue" right now ala BC Rich's in the 80's. The Hollowbody 2 would be the one I want but it's even more than a 335.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Thanks for the input, now I jast have to find some time this week to go guitar shopping...
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    The tremonti is nice but I prefer the single cut McCarty and the Custom 24's anyhow then again I'll probably never buy one though they are better built than anything coming from Gibson these days but their so "en vogue" right now ala BC Rich's in the 80's. The Hollowbody 2 would be the one I want but it's even more than a 335.

I wasn't saying it's the guitar to end all guitars (I'd love a McCarty Soapbar myself... especially in a single-cut, if it exists) but the Tremonti looks good, plays good, sounds good, and has a good price. It's just too bad it has to be named for one of the biggest hacks on the planet. Then again, the Santana SE is a cheaper version of Carlos' guitar, and it's damned nice for the price.

The Schecters have sort of a nu-metal image, but that doesn't mean they aren't great, versatile guitars. Better than a Peavey or Ibanez or Jackson, anyways.