Music is the best."
~ FZ ~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• who's_pearljam?who's_pearljam? Posts: 2,104
    Outstanding!!
    Frank Zappa is one of my guitar heroes!

Dweezel gave a good lesson on Inca Roads, too! :D

I saw him and the Zappa Plays Zappa show a few weeks ago here at the Tower Theater near Philly. Amazing show. He and Steve Vai were brilliant and Terry Bozzio STILL is one of the greatest drummers around.
    He was playing in 11/4 with one hand and 7/4 on the other for a while. Unbelievable!
    Inca Roads live was out of this world. It definitely wasn't a bunch of normal musicians cranking that one out!

That show was a great tribute to Frank.
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

Dweezel gave a good lesson on Inca Roads, too! :D

I saw him and the Zappa Plays Zappa show a few weeks ago here at the Tower Theater near Philly. Amazing show. He and Steve Vai were brilliant and Terry Bozzio STILL is one of the greatest drummers around.
    He was playing in 11/4 with one hand and 7/4 on the other for a while. Unbelievable!
    Inca Roads live was out of this world. It definitely wasn't a bunch of normal musicians cranking that one out!

That show was a great tribute to Frank.

Missing this show will go down for me as one of my big regrets. It was an expensive month for tickets and I had to make a judgement call. My consolation was that I saw Frank himself seven times in that very venue and that twice I heard him play absolutely transcendent versions of Black Napkins. ;)
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • who's_pearljam?who's_pearljam? Posts: 2,104
    Ha ha! The Tower? You must be a neighbor!
    I live in the city of Wilmington now, but I've lived all over, and I think that's one of the best venues in the country to see shows and to play at. Saw Radiohead there a few days before, too. I've seen Frank there a few times, so we may have been at the same shows.

Man, it seems like a hundred years ago, but I guess it was 30 years ago, I played guitar for a short stint with Captain Beefheart on tour in the midwest and west coast, and we opened for Frank, then of course, Capn Beefheart sang with Frank. That was the point in my life where I was way farther out of my league than I ever was before or after! I had no business playing with him,,,, but I was in the right place at the right time. I didn't get fired, though! :)

Zappa always surrounded himself with the most amazing musicians! The first timeI saw him, I saw the Mothers of iInvention at the Academy of Music in the 60's on Mothers day. Amazing weirdness and amazing show.
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart