Options

Musicians unite. PJ Cover Thread.

low_lightlow_light Posts: 251
edited September 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
Okay. Since the Synergy Songs site got canned. and since we have been given this nice forum to focus on us as musicians and PJ lovers... why not make a thread that gives back.

do you have a PJ cover recorded (good or bad)? list the link here. I'll start with the obvious... because it's the handle i chose more than three years ago when i ran into synergy for the first time.

Low Light:

http://low_light_music.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/lowlight.mp3

right click and save target on that.

i messed up on the chords that open the song and are used throughout but you get the idea.

if that link above doesnt work well just try
http://www.engineoftheocean.net

i hope some of you add to the thread. im going to upload "i am mine" and "untitled" and make em available... probably throw in "around the bend" as well....

-low
www.myspace.com/eotoband
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    luckily, i think i've lost my versions of the songs i did.
  • Options
    Even more luckily, I never did one!
    Gone To California
  • Options
    aww come on guys. :)

well here's my I am mine...

http://low_light_music.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/iammine.mp3

okay if no one gets into this ill stop posting in it.

but im sure there are a lot of talented MOFO's doing covers.

i thought it would be fun. oh well.

-low
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    nono it is fun, low. if i happen to redo the one's i did before, i'll post em up.
  • Options
    if i could post them i would, even though it would probably sound horrible. so far the only complete song i can do is long road.
    No time to question why nothing lasts
  • Options
    i wanna hear.

and i realize i do pretty much copy cat covers and i know a lot of you do your own thing. i love it.

johnny car wash does the best off he goes and leash you have ever heard.

-low
    (yeah im calling you out JC if youre reading)
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • Options
    Keep it going lowlight! Kick out the Jams!
    I'm leaving on tour tomorrow with an African bikutsi band . I can try to talk this 14 person high energy band to oblige me, the blondie in the band, to do a pj song. What song do you think would go best with tons of African drums and dancers?
    Gone To California
  • Options
    you- do Who You Are.

;)
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • Options
    or actually you could dig in pre jack irons and dave A did a nice tribal beat on WMA.

;)
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • Options
    Whoa, cool, You are completely right! Low Light
    But it'll be like putting your finger on the record and speeding it up to about 260 beats per minute, but that's the right song. Now I have to find that disk before tomorrow 10:00 am. I can't wait to see the dancing girls and chorus on that one. They are unbelievable high energy. A pj cover in Cameroon!
    Gone To California
  • Options
    It is definitely low tech playing over there. I'm gonna be lucky to have power for my amp, It might get recorded on a walkman, or I'll just call someone from a phone booth in the desert somewhere and well do it from there, right at a gas station, and they can recoed it over the phone.
    Gone To California
  • Options
    nah just record it if ya can! and im guessing you cant. but im sure youre going to have a great time with or without any PJ covers.
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • Options
    Hey i've got a version of my band from highschool playing Yellow ledbetter... the vocals are horrible but i think we covered it pretty well. The only problem is i dont know how to get it onto my pc....
  • Options
    Low Light, I've heard your stuff before and once again I have to say you are damn' good! But like you say it's pretty much a copy (a very fine one though!). You definately need to do your own thing, I'm sure it would be awesome!

After playing for 5 years now - on a very slow and lazy basis - I can play and sing at the same time pretty well, but still have to be to focused to really let myself go in either one of them. And I sing bad, but that's another issue...
  • Options
    I found my old sony handheld digital recorder. If customs doesn't get it, or any one of all my stuff, I'll get something down. The bus rides with this group are incredible. No sullen looking out the window for them. There's always music going on, shit flying out the windows. 15 or 16 countries, and customs? I'll be lucky if I get back with ANYTHING!

You all take care. Play on. As usual I'm late. I wouldn't have it any other way!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lowlight , I checked out your mp3. sounds good. Your voice is kinda like mine,, but better,,,no one ever asks me to do a falsetto!
    Gone To California
  • Options
    thanks looking forward to hearing some stuff from the trip.

as for getting a song onto your PC, you need to plug the device you have it on CD player or Tape player and plug it into the back of your PC into the sound card. and then record it down into an MP3 if you can.

fun stuff
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • Options
    puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by youthinkyou'reold!
    Even more luckily, I never did one!

didn't mean to reply to this.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Listen to both, low light and iammine, your good. iammine was done well.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    rickprickp Posts: 219
    for those interested, i'm gonna add a section to Given To Wail similar to the old Synergy Songs page.. if you have anything to submit, lemme know.
  • Options
    sounds very cool :) given to wail rocks.

here is my next one..

Untitled....

http://low_light_music.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/untitled.mp3
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • Options
    Il record some covers soon. I need a decent recording program.
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Options
    cool let us know when you record em

i wanna hear some other cover !! ;)

-low
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • Options
    I'm hoping to get an acoustic cover out soon, well if I get a chance to lay it down anyways.

By the way man, I never got your CD for the engine of the ocean stuff..........
  • Options
    ed- seriosuly? i sent out all the demo's on my mail list. hey email me at: david@engineoftheocean.com with your mailing address. i'll send you another one. i have about 5 jewel cases left

and lets hear a cover from you

-d
    www.myspace.com/eotoband