Options

my band got it's first write up :)

low_lightlow_light Posts: 251
edited October 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
local paper round here in TX. got our first little write up.. kinda cool. it's a short editors little diddy. the article starts out weird. guy was in a bar and someone who had our demo CD gave it to him and told him he should write about us :)

http://www.fwweekly.com/issues/2003-10-01/hearsay.html

for a 6 month old band only doing a handful of shows so far while we record i think it's cool we already got a mention.

im just having a blast playing live and recording this album

-low
www.myspace.com/eotoband
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    cool! well done.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    great. Let us know when you tour
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    I'm a freelance journalist myself and I've written a few concert and albumreviews, so knowing the tricks of the trade - don't know if that website is big or has any influence - I'd say that you just got a very flattering - written poorly, what an intro?? - review, unless you don't like to be compared to one called Eddie Vedder or don't want to be considered a band playing emo-Americana. Otherwise: two thumbs up for lowy!
  • Options
    lnfobnlnfobn Posts: 370
    Congrats. :)
    Hey, reckless mind,
    Don't throw away your playful beginnings...
  • Options
    low_lightlow_light Posts: 251
    thanks pearlwax. yeah the intro was nuts, but i dont mind any comparison at all and any press is good press. we're such a young band we need it. i thought it was cool.

thanks all
    low
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • Options
    thats awesome
    "Chloe is just like me, only beautiful"