Options

give me some love...

low_lightlow_light Posts: 251
edited December 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
song unmixed.... but about all of us.. we just need a little fucking break. and a little fucking love now and then. in between being pissed off...

first song with the "good" vocals. hope you guys like.

http://low_light_music.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/takemeoutunmixed.mp3

-music is life.
(c) 2003 engine of the ocean
www.myspace.com/eotoband
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    thanks low, it rocks.
  • Options
    rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    *pet's Dahveed's hair*

I think your hair is full of love. ;)
  • Options
    pariahpariah Posts: 596
    Beautiful song (again).
    That singer (don't know if it's you, if so, read "you") is blessed with a great voice. And I really dig the harmonica. Great job.
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • Options
    rockpants- lol!

pariah- yeah it's me. thanks. we used an Accordian in the song, i know it sounds a lot like a harmonica.

im glad you liked it.

JB- thanks man :)

-low
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • Options
    pariahpariah Posts: 596
    Originally posted by low_light
    pariah- yeah it's me. thanks. we used an Accordian in the song, i know it sounds a lot like a harmonica.
    I meant accordian... some online dictionary fucked up again... :mad:
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • Options
    AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    WOW! I like it....ALOT...gotta website or anything?
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • Options
    rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    Check low light's signature ... that's the name of his band. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by pariah
    WOW! I like it....ALOT...gotta website or anything?

there are 5 more songs you candownload from the Engine of the Ocean Demo CD. All well worth the time to check out!!!
  • Options
    thanks, im glad you like it... the album will be done this week or so...

music is the only thing that never lets me down. regardless.

-d
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Hey Low, when's the tour?
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    well, our little band is less than a year old. so if i ever get to tour youll be the first to know.

-d
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • Options
    well, our little band is less than a year old. so if i ever get to tour youll be the first to know.

-d

You totally need to tour...

I keep listening to this song, and it just keeps reminding me of the Counting Crows... it's the accordian... reminds me of the CC album "Live on a Wire" with their VH1 Storytellers performance...
  • Options
    yeah this song was inspired by them and Ryan Adams. i saw the crows play in august of 2001 and fuckin cried in public. never done that before. adam did a version of Round here with "come pick me up" as the tag in the middle.

i loved the lines
    "come pick me up
    fuck me up
    steal my records
    and screw all my friends
    with a smile on your face...
    and then do it again."

made sense to me... i was reeling from a really bad relationship... so i wrote this song about that time in my life that i hated life to the point now when things make sense now...

so i think the song makes a good progession... im proud of this one.

-d
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • Options
    It's a great tune, very tight sound...

Just about any version of "Raining in Baltimore" is guaranteed to mess me up...
  • Options
    yes that is a great song.. did you know that Adam was just toying around in the studio and trying to write that song for Bonnie Raite? and they ended up keeping it for the album hehe.

raining in baltimore is fucking great shit. thank god it didnt make it to nashville.

anyway. i have always loved two bands unconditionally... Pearl Jam and Counting Crows.

-d
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • Options
    Walkaways is pretty good, too... I broke up with a girl who moved to Boston, so it fucked me up big-time for a while...
  • Options
    man i know the feeling. ive dealt with it for the past 3 years... i finally found a good girl. its rare...

anyway, im off to bed. im fuckin tired. as usual.

thanks for checkin out the song. we are gonna be mixing everything this week. finally done. it's GIG time damnit. im sick of not playing live. hehe.

cya MIG.

-d
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • Options
    man i know the feeling. ive dealt with it for the past 3 years... i finally found a good girl. its rare...

anyway, im off to bed. im fuckin tired. as usual.

thanks for checkin out the song. we are gonna be mixing everything this week. finally done. it's GIG time damnit. im sick of not playing live. hehe.

cya MIG.

-d

I wish I had a web host to put the songs I just mixed and engineered up for folks to hear... damn... well, they aren't my songs, so I shouldn't be too worried.

Good job on this stuff, Low, and good luck with the rest of it... I've been very impressed with your stuff!

See you around...
  • Options
    MIG - try Tripod.com its free and you can put two or three songs up for D/L if you ever want to... its what i use for my personal .net site... i use virtbiz for my main website its like 50 bucks a year.

but for easy stuff go for tripod. and let us know when you have a song to share...

-d
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • Options
    Yeah its good, very counting crows. Great sound quality!
    'Fox hunting is barbaric, the people who do it are a bunch of snobby tories with stupid posh accents. Oh damn, i didn't say that - damn, what a giveaway...'
  • Options
    SquirrelSquirrel Posts: 337
    WOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

totally amazing beautiful song!!!!

omg you guys over here are soo talented....

*gets minority complex*

*pisses off again*

well thanx for sharing low....really awesome!!!!!!
  • Options
    puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    I listen to your song. I know you do a lot of PJ covers and you have a nice ED voice. I like the quality of your real vocals, you sound at ease with the song.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    thanks, Pure and Squirel. appreciate ya checking it out :)

it's such a fun song to play live too. :)

-d
    www.myspace.com/eotoband