Options

own - have a listen

low_lightlow_light Posts: 251
edited December 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://low_light_music.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/own-unmastered.mp3

hey just fishing for opinions of the chorus part ... i added a dragging lead in it and wondered if it sounded okay.

anyway
-low

(c) 2003 engine of the ocean
www.myspace.com/eotoband
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Dude... that's "In Hiding". At least, the piano and vocals in the verse... it sounds like a slow version of "In Hiding" to me. I may be smoking crack, though...

The chorus steers you away from that feel... I don't know about the guitar lead. It sounds a little overprocessed, thin... a bit harsh, you know? With everything else so pretty... it's kind of distracting. I wonder if a more major-key scale lead, with a clean guitar and some echo...

Anyways, you said you were fishing for opinions... those are mine. I say these things because I care... :) When I was mixing the album I'm working on, I wanted people to be as brutal as possible when they gave me their feedback, so that's how I'm being here.

That said, those are the most brutal things I can say... it does sound pretty good... the harmonies are especially good...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    pariahpariah Posts: 596
    I like it even more than the rough version... I like the choruses more with the guitar thing over it, makes it stronger I think... i agree with MIG on the sound though. A little too sharp for a song this warm. Still, great song... that little high piano piece (you know what i mean) in the verses especially kicks ass.
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • Options
    Originally posted by pariah
    that little high piano piece (you know what i mean) in the verses especially kicks ass.

BECAUSE IT'S THE SAME AS "IN HIDING!"[/caps][/rant]

I swear to God, either I'm right, or I'm absolutely nuts. Anyone care to say which?
  • Options
    pariahpariah Posts: 596
    Hmmm... listened to In Hiding. The thing is, the high piano line of Own seems to follow Eddie's singing in IH. I don't know... I have to admit they are quite similar, yes... but still the piano line is subtle and I wouldn't really call it copying... but even if it is, PJ still has Given To Fly so we can say "they do it too! It's tribute" or whatever... ;)
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • Options
    I wasn't saying it's a bad thing... it was just bugging me the first six times I listened to it...
  • Options
    lol I never thought about In Hiding but now that you brought it up you freak!!! AHHHHH!!!!

yeah the guitar lead I like but it is too damn foreign isnt it? I didnt mic my amp I pulled directly into the board and used a processed distortion ....

damnit i dunno what else to do but mic my amp and try the TS. but i still think maybe just a clean guitar maybe? but it wont give that LIFT i was looking for in the chourus.

oh and i appreciate the harshness, mig hehe

it's nice to be subconsicously inspired by a great band anyway. i dont mind there being a comparison.. its only natural to have hints of a band that got you through the best and worst times of your life :)

-d
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • Options
    crap i think its the guitar line i added that is doing the in hiding harmony... i just listened again. hmm maybe ill just leave it out. i knew there was a reason is was a good guitar hook hehe DAMNIT!

-d
    www.myspace.com/eotoband