New re-issue Tubescreamer/Fulltone overdrive

low_lightlow_light Posts: 251
edited April 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
hooked the new Ibanez "re-issue" TS808 up in line with the Fulltone Overdrive and it was a joke. the Fulltone overdrive is fucking sweet. I know alot of you hate the creator hehe....

aside from that I really wanted to talk about how weak the re-issue sounds.. they are selling it for 169 in guitar center and it doesnt sound as good as my maxon od9... for 149. i think its all a marketing F-Bomb ... ooo we are using the same vintage style case the original pedal was made in and close to the same old chip. BS! hehe.

any thoughts?

fuck im tired.

-david
www.myspace.com/eotoband
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    you're right. and it's good to see you becoming an effect geek like us.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by low_light
    hooked the new Ibanez "re-issue" TS808 up in line with the Fulltone Overdrive and it was a joke. the Fulltone overdrive is fucking sweet. I know alot of you hate the creator hehe....

aside from that I really wanted to talk about how weak the re-issue sounds.. they are selling it for 169 in guitar center and it doesnt sound as good as my maxon od9... for 149. i think its all a marketing F-Bomb ... ooo we are using the same vintage style case the original pedal was made in and close to the same old chip. BS! hehe.

any thoughts?

fuck im tired.

-david

Uh, yeah, exactly. Maxon used to make the originals for ibanez. Basically Ibanez only chaned the op amp that dosen't do a whole lot. The Caps and resistors have a pretty huge effect on the sound.

Just open the guts on the Fulltone and the Ibanez and you'll see the huge difference.

You guys don't by chance have an American Deluxe Ash Body in Sunburst out in Texas you could SIT to Atlanta do you?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    holy shit, did i play big muff the other day...play through it rather...

wo that is one of the coolest pedals i have ever used....

how do you explian sounds? im sure you allknow, but wow the stustain on that pedal is just so freeking cool... struma chord and it rings forever...

but lead tone on it sucks, i didnt playt hroug my setup...but, very cool pedal.
    Originally posted by 62strat
    holy shit, did i play big muff the other day...play through it rather...

wo that is one of the coolest pedals i have ever used....

how do you explian sounds? im sure you allknow, but wow the stustain on that pedal is just so freeking cool... struma chord and it rings forever...

but lead tone on it sucks, i didnt playt hroug my setup...but, very cool pedal.

It depends on the lead, It's mainly an all out fuzz bomb not really intended for cut through leads though it adds very nice fill. If you listen to the Smashing Pumpkins song "Rocket" you will hear a very cool solo using the Big Muff.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • low_lightlow_light Posts: 251
    EX- Yeah, the accessory department by default is making me an effect geek. :) Its all good. I am truly learning what the word TONE means and why it is so important ;)

PAC- Dude, if your serious I can check about the SIT Request. Throw me a model number and Ill check for ya. or send me your in store e-mail :)

-David

ps- Big Muff- i like em trim

*drum roll*
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • Originally posted by Pacomc79

You guys don't by chance have an American Deluxe Ash Body in Sunburst out in Texas you could SIT to Atlanta do you?

You guys played these yet? I was just considering one. I haven't heard the quiet cobalt pickups yet. I haven't seen any in stock anywhere. I don't ever buy stuff I haven't played anymore. I was actually looking at the Deluxe Ash 50th anniversary but I don't know if I want to pay the extra , or get the Deluxe ash sunburst. It looks like a great guitar.

Also, If I get one at a Guitar Center here near Philly, how do I get either one of you commission?:D
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

it's a never ending search. just don't lose sight of the end b/c of too much focus on the means. that's what's happened to me.
    Originally posted by low_light

PAC- Dude, if your serious I can check about the SIT Request. Throw me a model number and Ill check for ya. or send me your in store e-mail :)

-David

ps- Big Muff- i like em trim

*drum roll* [/B]

Hey David, Hell yes I want one. My buddy at GC Atlanta is in accessories now too his name is Jason Wilson. So I'd have to get him to put in the SIT because I am no longer with the company. I don't know who has these damn new American Deluxes because i can't find them anywhere much less sunburst and ash like I want. Oh well, I patiently wait for Fender to ship some out.

PS D, since you guys are carrying fulltone now you owe it to yourself sometime after hours to plug in a 69 fuzz and the DEJA2 to a Marshall 1959SLP and rip some hendrix riffs, you will be in heaven.
    Originally posted by who's_pearljam?
    You guys played these yet? I was just considering one. I haven't heard the quiet cobalt pickups yet. I haven't seen any in stock anywhere. I don't ever buy stuff I haven't played anymore. I was actually looking at the Deluxe Ash 50th anniversary but I don't know if I want to pay the extra , or get the Deluxe ash sunburst. It looks like a great guitar.

Also, If I get one at a Guitar Center here near Philly, how do I get either one of you commission?:D

It's up to the individual salesman to do that some are honest some aren't. You'd have to get a SIT and then make sure David's employee number is there for some of the GiP. Damnit I want a Deluxe Ash Strat with a gun oil finish on the neck. :D