Pedals and such.

low_lightlow_light Posts: 251
edited February 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Okay, I have been checking out FULLTONE pedals at work and they sound fantastic. Their Flange is the mellow low key sound. They also have a very nice rock and roll overdrive that sounds a bit better than my Tube Screamer.

anyone have any comments on Fulltone Pedals?

-low
www.myspace.com/eotoband
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Yeah they are fucking awesome pro quality pedals built right.

Stone uses the distortion pro.

Jeff uses the Bass Drive.

By all acounts by my retail brethren (GC and Botique shops) Mike Fuller is an arrogant Grade A asshole. Hey, he's a guitar player and he builds good stuff even if he is an asshole some people are just like that. He does know what he's doing and he builds some of the components used by the best botique pedal builders.

The Fulltone switch (3pdt for true bypass) The fulltone (halo) inductor for wah and the fulltone wah pot.

I love the Full Drive and the 69 Fuzz well ok I like all the pedals. He makes a damn nice Uni vibe called the Deja Vibe. They really are some of the best built pedals around. I think Guitar Center is carrying them now so if you get a discount, go for it.

If you are looking at the Fat Boost please instead go to http://www.pharaohamps.com and buy from Matt Farrow.

He is also an excellent builder and he's one hell of a nice guy. If you ask he can custom tailor your Class A boost to damn near whatever you want with different options than the Fat Boost.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • thanks Pac, I will if I look into the boost.

I'm looking at the overdrive currently. Its good shit. I love the fact I can play with these pedals and its actually MY JOB to do so. hehe. im like a kid in a candy shop

-d
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    based on fuller being a dick to pretty much everyone else in the industry, i won't buy them. doesn't matter how good they are. you don't get to be a dick to the founder of electro-harmonix and still sell pedals to me.
    I used to come into guitar center on my days off I loved it so much.

I got to learn how to use all the line 6 stuff strait from their reps.

Ex, I hear you. The reason I didn't buy a Fulldrive 2 years ago was solely on Fullers Reputation.

I didn't hear about him being a dick to the EH guy what's up with that when did that happen?

Analogman took pictures with him.

I don't get what fullers deal is. Like he's uncomfortable with himself. Still he makes great pedals. The first time I heard the Fulldrive was into a HR deluxe at Guitar Center. It was like a lightbulb went off. Later I was talking to my buddy about it, he says yeah man those are nice but the guy is a royal dick. When everyone you talk to about some guy says he's a dick that's not good.

If Zvex sold stuff about 50-100 bucks cheaper I'd be all over them. I guess custom paint jobs cost a lot. But 229 is a lot to spend on a fuzz a weird one at that.

http://www.fulltone.com
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    zvex seems like a good guy based on his participation in forums and whatnot. same with keeley.

zvex is also an innovator and he's come up with some pretty whacked shit. but they are out of my price range and don't really suit my needs anyway.

keeley needs to expand pretty soon. he's overextended right now and his customer service is suffering for it.

fuller has the attitude of your stereotypical lead guitarist, imo.
    speaking of keeley, the price of rats just went up. which means the 3-way mod now costs $150. damnit. oh well.
    Originally posted by exhausted
    zvex seems like a good guy based on his participation in forums and whatnot. same with keeley.

zvex is also an innovator and he's come up with some pretty whacked shit. but they are out of my price range and don't really suit my needs anyway.

keeley needs to expand pretty soon. he's overextended right now and his customer service is suffering for it.

fuller has the attitude of your stereotypical lead guitarist, imo.

Precisely what I had him pegged as. He's the angry old condesending "I can do it better than you" guy behind the counter at a "Pro music store"

Matt Farrow- great honest, super guy

Robert Keeley- super nice guy, way too much business

Analog Mike- good guy knows his stuff

Zachary Vex- innovator, nice guy, engineer (good ears)

David Barber- good solid builder. some innovations honest nice guy.

Geoffery Teese- wah pedal master, nice guy.

so many cool people who build pedals, why must Fuller be a dick?

I can't knock the skill though. Mike builds awesome pro quality great sounding pedals. They are sort of reasonable for what you get too. They don't really lose thier value.
    analogmike and keeley are also both trained engineers.
    speaking of keeley, the price of rats just went up. which means the 3-way mod now costs $150. damnit. oh well.

Kick ass. I might make some money.

The reason being that the Rats are so scarce now and they aren't building them the same. My guess is he'd rather not build them so he raised the price.

Those wood pedals look really cool.

If only I could buy skill. I need lessons.

I think the engineer thing makes a big difference. David Barber is also an engineer I believe.
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    Kick ass. I might make some money.

The reason being that the Rats are so scarce now and they aren't building them the same. My guess is he'd rather not build them so he raised the price.

Those wood pedals look really cool.

If only I could buy skill. I need lessons.

I think the engineer thing makes a big difference. David Barber is also an engineer I believe.

no, his cost on the rat wen up. but the cost of his work stayed the same. it's just if you want to buy a new one from him, it's more.

if you sell that rat, let me know.
    no, his cost on the rat wen up. but the cost of his work stayed the same. it's just if you want to buy a new one from him, it's more.

if you sell that rat, let me know.

Sure thing. I love it as number 2 in the chain. It is like having a marshall in a box.

Pro Co is losing money evidently the Rat is the only thing they can market. It's a little harder edged than the fuzzy big muff I don't know if you need it, but it is cool. Are sound clips posted yet? If not I could e-mail you some.