Pearl Jam face book

shorlineshorline Posts: 5
edited October 14 in Technical Stuff and Help
Hi, my name is Brittany Saga. I have been a long time huge fan of Pearl Jam for 33 years within the past four days is the very first time that I got on Facebook on Pearl Jam verified site. The posts are great, but the comments are completely filled with people who are Imposters Pretending to be Ed stone Jeff Mike and Matt .. telling Pearl Jam fan that they will have a chance to meet them in person or speak to them over the phone or become part of their circle. These people are scamming on top of getting the fans hopes up they are telling them they have to pay a membership fee and then they are also bullying, I do not know who the administrator is or is managing not only Pearl Jam verified Facebook but Eddie Vedder verified Facebook. nobody is paying attention to the comments and the scammers are disguising , disguise their own page as a Pearl Jam page. It was horrifying. I was so upset it was sickening. I tried to message everybody I could.. letting them know They are not actually talking to anybody in the band and whoever the people are,they are not affiliated with anything that has to do with Pearl Jam or the fan club , I told them not to give them money you’re being scammed ,and then I started getting bullied . Not only myself, but all of us fans need help, and somebody coming in and removing not only these peoples comments but removing and blocking them from coming in to the page and the comments. And also reporting them.I was so disgusted and so upset, I have been up for two days trying to figure everything out. I cannot do it alone. I thought it would be the one site I would be safe on and it was probably one of the worst I’ve been on. can somebody please help can somebody contact who is managing the Facebook pages? I know better that these people are not affiliated with Pearl Jam in anyway only because I have been a fan for 33 years . I Completely drowned myself in magazines and Anything I could find interviews whatever was available I learned as much as I possibly could since I was 11 years old. However, it is no longer 1991 anymore the new Pearl Jam fans have no idea what they’re walking into And there is no way for them to know that the band members do not personally message them and talk to them.. if I was a brand new fan and didn’t know anything it would absolutely scare me away, so I know it is scaring them away And confusing them tremendously.. they don’t know what to believe .. please help not only the band ..but all of the adoring fans that love them so much. I can’t honestly imagine what they are feeling. I would be devastated if I were brand new. I hope this can be done as quickly as possible it is destroying, trust, Communication and Pearl Jam reputation. I keep telling people to go onto pearljam.com to this website,but they do not know what to believe please as soon as possible HELP..thank you for your time. I sincerely deeply care about every member of the band and also All of the people that adore them just as much I don’t want them to be hurt lied to and scammed. Pearl Jam fan or not nobody should ever have to feel that way, especially in a place that is supposed to be and should be safe. I appreciate your time. I hope this matter can be Resolved very quickly thank you,
Brittany Sava
Brittany Sava
Post edited by shorline on

Comments

• shorlineshorline Posts: 5
    PLEASE HELP AS SOON as POSSIBLE. It’s absolutely heartbreaking. There is a page that I was able to contact and I was able to get a hold of the administrator because I saw all of the scammers on their page as well. They post about all bands. The administrator reassured me that they will immediately and as quickly as possible, remove the scammers! I was surprised but so deeply grateful!
    ty Oh my gosh, thank you so much for an absolutely wonderful response. I just can’t believe that people do that. I always try to get their pages reviewed and deleted. I am a huge Pearl Jam fan and has been for 33 years so it’s really heartbreaking to see these imposters getting other fans hopes up and then they are scammed to pay for something. Thank you again I sincerely appreciate your answer.❤️  above is the response that I got from the grunge is dead page and the administrator that is helping us out and helping Pearl Jam… Below are just a few of the scammers and a few of the fans and comments that I have tried to help with so you can see tiny bit of what’s going on😭😢 The page called the year broke is who is helping me and all the other Pearl Jam fans going onto their site and they are also helping the band !! The very last picture is me 😊 I know it’s a little bit tough to read, but these are comments and couple pages. There are so many. 
    Brittany Sava

I’m sorry one last quick thing my pictures in black-and-white and it’s blown up of just my face lol I don’t want you to think I am one of the scammers..
    Brittany Sava
    edited October 13

Post edited by shorline on
    Brittany Sava