Return to Alpine Valley???

I just went to a concert at Alpine this past weekend. The weather was beautiful and that venue is screaming to have the guys back. I believe that The Dead did a week there in the 80's, maybe just an extended weekend in 2025??? #PJ34

Comments

• Am I the only one?
  • Hell yeah, would definitely love for them to come back to Alpine Valley!!
  • SkipNiklasSkipNiklas Posts: 31
    Yes, you’re the only one. No need to book shows in places the local jurisdiction sends trailers with judges to adjudicate in the parking lot. We like pot too much to go to such a backwards state. 
  • ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 1,000
    Alpine Valley was a nightmare getting in & out from what I remember. Grew up in the Chicago area and went to a couple shows there. Hell, that’s why SRV is no longer alive. The artists took helicopters to get out because of the traffic issues. 
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • setlist41setlist41 Posts: 453
    That would be something!
  • whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 740
    edited October 7
    Milwaukee resident here and I’d be there for it. I love Alpine Valley! I missed PJ20 (and the earlier shows there), so seeing PJ there is a bucket lister for me. I’ve seen at least 20 shows there over the years, most of them really big acts, and never had a problem getting in/out. I mean - it’s the middle of nowhere, so there are 2-lane highways in and out, but I’ve had way more trouble/delays getting to and from Wrigley, Soldier Field, etc.

Assuming good weather - Turn up early. Tailgate. Enjoy the venue and fellow concert-goers. And don’t camp on the ground in the middle of the parking lots. 
    Post edited by whoanelly15 on
  • coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,460
    edited October 7
    Pearl Jam at Alpine Valley is pure heaven. I've seen all the shows from 98 on (1998, 2000, 2003, and 2011. Missed Lolla in 1992) and they rock! I hope they choose Alpine over Milwaukee or even Madison (my hometown) for their next Wisconsin visit.  
    Post edited by coco butter on
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,847
    Sadly, the convenience of Wrigley Field shows since they became a thing (capacity, travel, etc) likely made Alpine Valley an afterthought for a lot of acts, including Pearl Jam.

That being said, though, I'd love to make the trip out once again for something there... PJ20 was a fun weekend and any outdoor shows away from a city feels that much more fun.
  • MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,670
    Right after they release the bootlegs from PJ20...
  • AA295481AA295481 Posts: 111
    I went to Alpine Valley  in 2016. The parking lot changed quite a bit, now its a dirt field. One of the things I liked about Alpine Valley is when the parking lot was a grass field, you could tailgate there... not so much now