Learn to play Ukulele via webcomic....

iamjacksukuleleiamjacksukulele Posts: 24
edited July 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
For anyone interested in learning the uke, all this week at ukeclub.com I've popped up some comic strips showing you how.

Strip One: Intro to UkeClub

Strip Two:Strings and Tuning your Uke

Strip Three: Chords and Strumming with BIGFOOT!

Strip Four: Playing songs, and Johnny Cash stops by

I'll probably do some more, but with those four basic steps, pretty much anyone can play uke, and dodge all the expensive books and videos out there. :) Let me know what ya think. -- I have some nifty Pearl Jam songs tabbed out on uke as well I'll get to.
i am jack's ukulele

Comments

• I recently dusted off my ukulele and have been playing it daily again (It's a mahalo concert/tenor) And I love playing the pearl jam songs like Soon Forget, the uke version of Can't Keep (really fun), and I just learned Blue, Red and Grey (cover, I know)...

The uke is definately an easy instrument and a great hobby for guitarists.
    When this just feels like spinning plates.
  • desandrewsdesandrews Posts: 143
    Dude, this is pretty cool. I've got a cheap little uke, but knew of no good sites for info. I'm ready to enter the burning ring of fire! Thanks.

Hey Blind Melonade, (or anyone else for that matter) what about some Blind Melon tabs for the mandolin? I've been trying to figure out Change for months. I've got parts of it down from watching them on Dave Letterman, but would love to find some tabs.