"Need Help Selling" Sydney Australia N1 Tickets for sale, Thursday, November 21,2024

HappyaaronHappyaaron Posts: 3
edited October 3 in Given To Fly (live)
I have two 10C ticketed seats in section 253 on Thursday, November 21st, at Engie Stadium in Sydney, Australia. This is night one. I'm unable to make the trip from the US and would like to sell or transfer them. However, it looks like I cannot transfer or sell them since I do not live in Australia or have an Australian bank account. I understand that this is for tax purposes. I would love any insight from 10C members on how I might be able to sell to a fellow fan or transfer the tickets. Never thought this would be a problem when I purchased them months ago...

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by Happyaaron on

Comments

• PJPJ Posts: 291
    Hello - Same problem here. I have tickets to a couple shows in Australia and had to cancel the trip unfortunately. I just attempted to sell the tickets through ticketmaster and hit the same snag.

Is there really no way to resell our tickets Fan 2 Fan if we are from the US??? I've been checking on and off since I discovered I couldn't make the trip and I believe the resell function was just enabled, surely there must be a way to sell them, otherwise a lot of us are screwed. :(
    2006-06-01 E. Rutherford 1
    2008-06-24 NYC: MSG 1
    2008-06-25 NYC: MSG 2
  • It's been the same for fans from other countries for a while on resale. I had an extra Chicago ticket last year, couldn't shift it here for transfer and had to get a friend to put it up on F2F then transfer me the money when TM gave him the funds.

To sell, you need a card registered in that country (will be in the T&Cs) otherwise you can't sell. Or you find someone in Australia to sell them for you. The transfer option should open soon, I'm surprised it hasn't yet, so you'll be able to shift them then.
    2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I & II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2022 – Copenhagen, Hyde Park I, St. Louis
    2023 – Chicago I & II
    2024 – Dublin, Manchester, Wrigley I & II, NYC I & II
  • DmcneiceDmcneice Posts: 21
    Did you end up figuring out if you could sell. I might be interested in Sydney 10C tickets (I'm Australian but didnt manage to snag any tickets for the sydney shows).
  • Dmcneice said:
    Did you end up figuring out if you could sell. I might be interested in Sydney 10C tickets (I'm Australian but didnt manage to snag any tickets for the sydney shows).
    I have not found a way as of yet, but would be interested in selling the tickets. However, at this time I do not believe I have the ability to transfer them. I'm open for suggestions....
  • iamadonutiamadonut Posts: 39
    Anyone know if the transfer option will be enabled? I can't find info anywhere. 
    I also can't make it to AUS/NZ and have Golden Circle pairs for 4 shows I need to sell.
    150xxx 
  • Kmac84Kmac84 Posts: 56
    I am also in a similar position.
    Living in Canada and have Mel and Syd tickets.
    I heard Wise account will work for an Australia bank account and people in the past have been successful using this. I made a Wise account but found a roadblock when I tried to enter my seller details through Adyer where it won't let me complete their form. I would appreciate any insight that can be shared on this matter.
  • iamadonutiamadonut Posts: 39
    I've emailed TicketsToday/Ticketmaster asking when/if transfers will be enabled. 

I also requested a refund since the only condition to sell tickets that was mentioned when purchasing was the requirement for a bank account. No mention of needing an Australian ID #. Not holding my breath on a positive answer for this one though.
    150xxx