I submit, for your approval or disapproval...

mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
edited September 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
I'm kinda surprised that this hasn't been discussed yet. Whaddyall think?

http://www.line6.com/spidervalve/
...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Hughes and Kettner were way ahead of these guys with the Switchblade.

NOw that is an amp worth taking a look at !!
    Music is not a competetion.
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    I love Bogner amps (I own a Shiva), but I loath Line-6 amps.
    Line 6 stuff always sounds fine if kept in the digital domain, but in live applications they really blow.
    Try running a POD live with a live band and you'll know what I mean (fine through headphones, but loses
    all character and resemblance of an amp in live situations).
    Basically most line-6 effects and amps sounds like shit live (any one of their PODs or tone-core pedals is a
    big reminder of just how shitty they sound live - the exception to this is their DL4 and MM4 stuff).
    I'd hate to think what kind of a bastard Frankenstein child they've come up with here mixing Line-6 and Bogner.
    I can't believe Reinhold actually went through with this - he's risking smearing his name if it's a dog (he should have
    done something with Marshall instead since he MODED those for people before he made his own amps.
    Well, I'd like to give one of these a shot "LIVE" to see how it this brew holds up.

- Ian C.T. vom Saal
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    well I have to hand it too them, they aren't afraid to go pay smart people to help them. Jorges Tripps, R. Bogner....

Finally they make an all tube amp. I can't really argue with thier choice of engineer, this guy has been making some of the best multi channel tube amps for years.

5881's eh, so it's going to be ridiculously clean in the power stage, class AB is a good choice for crunch, and then the bogner preamp. I'm intrigued, I probably won't buy, but color me interested.

If it can get close to XTC tones for sub 1000 it's probably a pretty good deal.

I worry honestly about the reliability.

Looks like each channel has two modes though... that's excellent. I wonder if it has cab models.

The potential is there, I'm almost certain I will hate the effects section, but I can see the potential and appreciate the innovation especially when you consider the old AX212 from a few years ago.

With the Vetta or Pod Pro engines I bet this will be a very very useful setup, but man there is a lot to break with all that heat and complexity.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    Looks like each channel has two modes though... that's excellent. I wonder if it has cab models...

With the Vetta or Pod Pro engines I bet this will be a very very useful setup, but man there is a lot to break with all that heat and complexity.

They offer both a combo and a head/cab configuration, both with Celestion V30's. No cab modeling, but they picked the right speaker. I'm guessing Bogner was pretty instrumental in that choice.

As for the tone stack, it's based on the Spider amps, so not quite as full-featured... but it's not doing true amp/cab modeling, just tone stack and some FX, so it could be fine.

I'm not going to stand in line to buy, but I'd love to plug one in for an hour...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • i can't approve it.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • I could see this bein pretty good. Line 6 amps don't sound horrible and Bogners sound amazing.

If they put the appropriate time in, it should be awesome.