Sirens or Present Tense at Fenway 9/17?

I brought my wife and kids to their first show on 9/3 at MSG and they had a blast! Today is my wife Keri’s 40th bday so we’re taking the kids out of school early for “dr visits” and driving up to Boston for their second show. We had seen Sirens on some sound checks recently and that is her favorite song, Present Tense a close second. If either get played it will make her birthday even more incredible!

While I’m here, the bands 2016 performance of Love Reign Oer Me effectively got my kids into the Who. If they were to dust that one off it would be truly special to my kids Abby and Becks!

Comments

• Also, our twelve year old son Beckett (we call him Becks) just reminded me to say his favorite PJ song is Wont Tell, and then his 9 year old sister Abby reminded me to say her favorite song is Wishlist. I had to add this addendum or I wouldn’t hear the end of it on our four and a half hour car ride up to Boston today!
  • pjbugs007pjbugs007 Posts: 1,248
    I’m down for Sirens and/or Present Tense! Safe travels!
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,763
    Up!
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,763
    Playing now at Fenway!
  • What an incredible show! Got a legendary performance of Present Tense as the icing on the cake for Keri’s birthday and Beckett got to see Won’t Tell and also his second favorite, Do the Evolution. Abby loved having Small Town and Daughter right at the beginning. Crazy Mary may have been the biggest surprise and favorite of the night but that rendition of Black was also truly special and not a moment I will ever forget. Also, getting Corduroy and Yellow Ledbetter when they had already been played on Sunday + Super Blood Wolf Moon with a full moon was almost like an act of god.

At MSG on 9/3 Ed mentioned to the 13 year old Adam who had just lost his mom that he appreciates his dad trusting the band with his son. As a dad who brings his 12/9 year olds to a lot of rock shows, trust is definitely a word I would use to describe my relationship with Pearl Jam. There’s a magic at these shows that can’t be denied and it’s so special to get to enjoy it with my wife and kids now.

Thank you Pearl Jam