New pup mfg

mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
edited June 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
My guitar tech keeps raving about these, so I thought I'd share:

http://www.bareknucklepickups.com/

I went in and placed an order for the humbuckers for my goldtop Tele today, and found out Gibson is having hardware backorder issues. Will find out tomorrow if my tech can even get a Classic 57. I might have to chase one down myself. Oh, Gibson, where did you go so wrong?

My Harmonic Design pup should be here next week. The evil twins are going in for surgery!
...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    My guitar tech keeps raving about these, so I thought I'd share:

http://www.bareknucklepickups.com/

I went in and placed an order for the humbuckers for my goldtop Tele today, and found out Gibson is having hardware backorder issues. Will find out tomorrow if my tech can even get a Classic 57. I might have to chase one down myself. Oh, Gibson, where did you go so wrong?

My Harmonic Design pup should be here next week. The evil twins are going in for surgery!
    What hardware do you need?
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    JofZ wrote:
    What hardware do you need?

I need a Classic 57 pup. I checked Musician's Friend, and even they're backordered thru the middle of July. I know I can get one off eBay...
    I need a Classic 57 pup. I checked Musician's Friend, and even they're backordered thru the middle of July. I know I can get one off eBay...

psssss, les paul forum classifieds and they will probably sell em cheap.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    JofZ wrote:
    psssss, les paul forum classifieds and they will probably sell em cheap.

Oh, I know you can find them, I just like to buy some stuff from the local guy. Gotta keep him in business. Besides, he did find one.

Did anyone check out the pickups I linked to? Damnit, J, you hijacked my thread.
    Oh, I know you can find them, I just like to buy some stuff from the local guy. Gotta keep him in business. Besides, he did find one.

Did anyone check out the pickups I linked to? Damnit, J, you hijacked my thread.

I didn't mean to hijack :)
    I spent 30 mins on that site, thanks a lot LOL
    I think he needs to offer a few more options, as I can't find any suitable pups hehehe.
    There are more and more pup guys popping up everyday it seems. I am on Tim Whites waiting list, but since they wont be here for 2 years I might as well look around. I have the voodoo 59s now, they are as good as I have heard.
    I was thinking of going with rolf for the strat.
    Did you order any of those bareknuckles?
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

JofZ wrote:
    Did you order any of those bareknuckles?

I thought about the Mule model for my humbuckers, but ultimately decided to stick to my original plan. Warren Haynes has amazing tone, so those pickups have a lot to live up to, but they got great reviews.

I have a standard Tele now that I want to put new pups in, and I'm seriously considering the Brown Sugar set. That one single song is the definition of what a Tele should sound like. The Boss set sounds intruiging as well.

Hell, if nothing else, I had fun trying to discern the inspiration for the different model names he has... See if you guys can fill in my blanks...

Humbuckers:
    Stormy Monday
    Riff Raff
    The Mule - Warren Haynes, Gov't Mule
    Black Dog - Jimmy Page, Zeppelin
    Emerald
    Warpig - Tony Iommi, Black Sabbath
    Miracle Man
    Geoff Whitehorn - 'Crawler'
    Holydiver
    Nailbomb
    VHII - Eddie Van Halen

Tele:
    Country Boy
    Brown Sugar - Keith Richards, Stones
    Piledriver
    Yardbird - Jeff Beck?
    The Boss - Bruce Springsteen

Strat:
    The Sultan's - Mark Knofler, Dire Straits
    Mother's Milk - John Frusciante? RHCP
    Slow Hand - Clapton
    Irish Tour - The Edge? U2
    Trilogy Suite
    The Sinner
    Apache
    I thought about the Mule model for my humbuckers, but ultimately decided to stick to my original plan. Warren Haynes has amazing tone, so those pickups have a lot to live up to, but they got great reviews.

I have a standard Tele now that I want to put new pups in, and I'm seriously considering the Brown Sugar set. That one single song is the definition of what a Tele should sound like. The Boss set sounds intruiging as well.

Hell, if nothing else, I had fun trying to discern the inspiration for the different model names he has... See if you guys can fill in my blanks...

Humbuckers:
    Stormy Monday
    Riff Raff
    The Mule - Warren Haynes, Gov't Mule
    Black Dog - Jimmy Page, Zeppelin
    Emerald
    Warpig - Tony Iommi, Black Sabbath
    Miracle Man
    Geoff Whitehorn - 'Crawler'
    Holydiver
    Nailbomb
    VHII - Eddie Van Halen

Tele:
    Country Boy
    Brown Sugar - Keith Richards, Stones
    Piledriver
    Yardbird - Jeff Beck?
    The Boss - Bruce Springsteen

Strat:
    The Sultan's - Mark Knofler, Dire Straits
    Mother's Milk - John Frusciante? RHCP
    Slow Hand - Clapton
    Irish Tour - The Edge? U2
    Trilogy Suite
    The Sinner
    Apache

Irish Tour is Rory Gallagher the greatest Strat player next to SRV IMO!
    Stormy Monday is Eric Clapton
    riff raff has to be ACDC but I don't get it.
    Emerald Thin Lizzy?
    Miracle Man is either Ozzy or Costello, I'll guess it is Ozzy.
    Holy Diver is Dio

There are some obvious ones missing.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I'd be down with the MULE. I love Warren Haynes tone, but I'm not playing through a custom soldano either. It's come to a point where I've decided I'm tired of my LP. I need better pups with more dynamics or it's got to go, I'm tired of the darkness of the 490's.

I should probably just sell it and go for a hollowbody, that's what I gravitate towards anyway.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    I'd be down with the MULE. I love Warren Haynes tone, but I'm not playing through a custom soldano either. It's come to a point where I've decided I'm tired of my LP. I need better pups with more dynamics or it's got to go, I'm tired of the darkness of the 490's.

I should probably just sell it and go for a hollowbody, that's what I gravitate towards anyway.

I have been eyeing the White Falcon :))
    OK, help fill in those blanks LOL
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

JofZ wrote:
    I have been eyeing the White Falcon :))
    OK, help fill in those blanks LOL

nice, nice, a little Neil Young action. I love them. I'd like a black one.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Pacomc79 wrote:

Haynes plays thru a custom Cesar Diaz as well. That's friggin' cool.

I'd try some new pups in the LP before you dump it... Can't help but think you'll regret it a month after it's gone.

I'd try some new pups in the LP before you dump it... Can't help but think you'll regret it a month after it's gone.

I don't think there is much to his tone that you couldn't try to emulate. His Soldano amp doesn't have anything really modded at all. I just read an article about it. Allman tone is pretty standard LP and Marshall stuff. I think Hayes is a good player, but I don't hear anything that grabs me like some others do.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

JofZ wrote:
    I don't think there is much to his tone that you couldn't try to emulate. His Soldano amp doesn't have anything really modded at all. I just read an article about it. Allman tone is pretty standard LP and Marshall stuff. I think Hayes is a good player, but I don't hear anything that grabs me like some others do.

I talked to Warren's guitar tech for a bit at a Gov't Mule show, and Warren is Capital A Anal when it comes to his rig. His Diaz is phenomenal, and his pedalboard and arrangement is very specific.

you're right. basically the reason I have it is the ebony fingerboard. It's so plain jane though it's boring. I'm going to go with HD probably a Z-90 at the neck and the new humbucker when he gets it finished.
    I talked to Warren's guitar tech for a bit at a Gov't Mule show, and Warren is Capital A Anal when it comes to his rig. His Diaz is phenomenal, and his pedalboard and arrangement is very specific.

Yes he is, but isn't the Soldano just a normal head with a trebile cut mod?
    I think anyone who can keep 400 tunes under his belt, sing and play with bands is very talented.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Pacomc79 wrote:
    you're right. basically the reason I have it is the ebony fingerboard. It's so plain jane though it's boring. I'm going to go with HD probably a Z-90 at the neck and the new humbucker when he gets it finished.

I'm a big fan of "Keep It Simple, Stupid." On Les Paul's, especially.
    JofZ wrote:
    Yes he is, but isn't the Soldano just a normal head with a trebile cut mod?

I believe so, I didn't spend a lot of time checking out the Soldano when there was a custom Cesar Diaz sitting right next to it.

I never really cared for Soldano amps, always thought they were too bright... maybe the treble cut is all it needed.
    I believe so, I didn't spend a lot of time checking out the Soldano when there was a custom Cesar Diaz sitting right next to it.

I never really cared for Soldano amps, always thought they were too bright... maybe the treble cut is all it needed.

Oh and stormy monday is the Allman Brothers, from Filmore!
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?