Options

Gibson P-94?

mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
edited November 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
I posted this as a reply on a different thread, but figured I'd have better response if I dedicated my own thread...

Anyone read/heard anything about Gibson P-94's?
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=031111183046150131025216982557/g=home/search/detail/base_id/58194

I have a Les Paul copy that sucks ass, I'm thinking of hot-rodding the MoFo, strip and repaint the body, replace all the wiring, pots, and switch, and get those P-94's in place of the shit humbuckers it has now. Be a good way to get P-90 sound without major reconstruction in the pickup area.
...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Nobody?
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    It's a P-90 in a bigger case. Go for it. THe sound is the same, see the gibson website http://www.gibson.com
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Actually, the section with pickups has been down on the Gibson site for some time...

I was just wondering if anyone had used them, or heard them in a guitar before.

I think it's the way I'm going to go anyways, just thought I'd ask.
  • Options
    corduroycorduroy Lexington, OH Posts: 117
    Hey Dude,
    I recently transplanted a p-94 on my Epiphone SG and it sounds awsome! It was my first time soldering too and I didn't fuck it up..yay. I highly recommend it!
    1994 - Cleveland, 1998 - Cleveland, 2000 - Columbus, 2003 - Cleveland/Columbus, 2006 - Cleveland, 2009 - Philly 1, 2010 - Columbus/Cleveland, 2013 - Pittsburgh/Buffalo, 2014 - Cincy/Detroit, 2016-Lexington/Wrigley #1, 2018- Fenway 1, 2022-Nashville, 2024-Seattle1/Noblesville/Baltimore
  • Options
    Well, see, now... that's what I was looking for.

Thanks, man...