Options

Listen to me!

mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
edited November 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
Well, folks, there are now two PJ covers that I recorded with my buddy up on the Release Me page over at http://www.giventowail.com. Look for "Betterman" and "Soldier of Love" by Silky and Spanky. Thanks Rick! GTW rocks!
...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    EBowieEBowie Posts: 529
    I listened to Better Man. I thought that the vocals and the guitar playing were great, but the drums could be tightened up a bit. When the vocals came on, I was shocked at how similar they sounded to Ed. Overall, great job and keep up the great work. -Eric
  • Options
    It's probably important to note that we were really just messing around when we recorded this stuff... it was just for fun. We did something like 30 songs over Thanksgiving two years ago, like four days, and around my buddy's work schedule, so it was very fly-by-night. The guitars and bass all turned out well, but the drums were loose on most of the songs, and the vocals vary in quality. All the vocals were done in one 6-hour stretch, so they started strong and fade about halfway through the songlist. Those two were higher on the list, so the vocals are alright. I'm much more proud of Soldier of Love than Betterman, and it's a much more fun song to play. But like I said, they're just for fun...
  • Options
    Any other opinions? Come on, Paco... Exhausted... Low Light... anyone...
  • Options
    im listening to the all those yesterdays cover right now, which sounds really good. i love that girls voice.. who is it?
    this heart's on fire
  • Options
    I'm just on "Betterman" and "Soldier of Love". I can't help you with anything else.
  • Options
    oh, sorry.. well yeah i listened to betterman as well.. sounds good.. are you guys a band? have any original stuff? we (my band) are about to start recording an album next month and hopefully playing some shows soon after.. for the longest time i didn't even know this forum was here.. i'll probably post here more often
    this heart's on fire
  • Options
    We used to be in a band together, lotsa orginals, but winds of change...

Thanks for the kind words.
  • Options
    i got to hear betterman. very good. although i would have liked to hear the intro clean and then bust into the song with your distortion. but there again it is a cover! hehe. nice work!

the dude has very eddie vocals.

ill d/l solider of love later when im at my GF's house she has DSL hehe im on dialup!

cool stuff, McC

-david
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • Options
    Originally posted by low_light
    i got to hear betterman. very good. although i would have liked to hear the intro clean and then bust into the song with your distortion. but there again it is a cover! hehe. nice work!

the dude has very eddie vocals.

ill d/l solider of love later when im at my GF's house she has DSL hehe im on dialup!

cool stuff, McC

-david

I hear ya on the intro... it's actually two guitars all the way thru, one clean and one dirty. I was trying to get that edgy drive like Eddie has live, but couldn't get it with the amp I was using, so we tracked a clean and a dirty. Oh well, it was just for fun.

And we get a lot of Eddie comparisons, although people have also compared the vocals to Kurt Cobain, Bruce Springsteen, and Chris Cornell (not necessarily on THESE songs)... it's funny sometimes...

Soldier of Love did turn out pretty good, though... silly, but fun. I really love that song.

Come on, Paco and Exhausted... you guys could at least say "It sucks!"
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    sorry man no speakers at work.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Originally posted by HoorayForHumans
    im listening to the all those yesterdays cover right now, which sounds really good. i love that girls voice.. who is it?

I believe it's Amy aka Neenerbean on the board, she's in a PJ coverband...
  • Options
    Sounds great. I love hearing Pearl Jam covers, and you guys sound like really good musicians. I've got a cover of EvenFlow posted through another thread. Check it out. I'm using a pretty crappy recorder with only 4 tracks and a shitty radio shack mic. What are you guys using?
    "I had a false belief I thought I came here to stay... we're all just visiting."
  • Options
    Soundcraft Spirit 16x8x2 recording console into a Korg D1600. Crappy mics as well. No effects in pre, just post. The mp3's don't do justice to the setup, though...

Paco, you little bitch... just full of excuses.
  • Options
    Originally posted by pearlwax
    I believe it's Amy aka Neenerbean on the board, she's in a PJ coverband...
    yep, that'd be me :D *blushes* thanks HoorayForHumans!!

http://www.brainofj.net

=ames=
  • Options
    Originally posted by neenerbean
    yep, that'd be me :D *blushes* thanks HoorayForHumans!!

http://www.brainofj.net

=ames=

Aren't you getting thrown loads of flowers at you these days.
    Deal is that I'm the first journalist to interview you when you come to Europe, okay? I give your career a push, you give mine a push. :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    people have also compared the vocals to Kurt Cobain, Bruce Springsteen, and Chris Cornell (not necessarily on THESE songs)... it's funny sometimes...

I heard Betterman and it struck as a Betterman cover that Audioslave would do... Complement or not, that's for you to decide :D. Same goes for deciding if I'm a looney on making that call...
  • Options
    I heard Betterman and it struck as a Betterman cover that Audioslave would do... Complement or not, that's for you to decide :D. Same goes for deciding if I'm a looney on making that call...

Yeah... Silky gets that all the time. He once recorded a song that I thought sounded like Chris Cornell singing a Nine Inch Nails song. If you could hear it, you'd say the same thing.

Why has everyone here listened to Betterman, but nobody's listened to Soldier of Love? It's like everyone has a one-track mind...

Anyways... neener rocks, yes...
  • Options
    SquirrelSquirrel Posts: 337
    HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

listening to soldier.....................omfg..................

totalfunckingly speechless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Why has everyone here listened to Betterman, but nobody's listened to Soldier of Love? It's like everyone has a one-track mind...

Because I wanted a quick peek and Betterman was at the top of the list. I'm busy as hell today, so you're actually lucky that I even bothered to check Betterman out! Low's new songs haven't been so lucky! (kidding!, not about the busy part though)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Squirrel
    HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

listening to soldier.....................omfg..................

totalfunckingly speechless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, come on, there, Squirrel...

It isn't that bad.
  • Options
    I'm busy as hell today, so you're actually lucky that I even bothered to check Betterman out! Low's new songs haven't been so lucky!

Yes, is this PearlWax? This is MIG from the physical therapy office? Yes, Cheryl is sick today, and we'd like to re-schedule your appointment. That was for an attitude adjustment, right?
  • Options
    Oh, come on, there, Squirrel...

It isn't that bad.

lmao.............shit mate......i'm just stunned...dunno what to say really.....phoooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    :D
  • Options
    Yes, is this PearlWax? This is MIG from the physical therapy office? Yes, Cheryl is sick today, and we'd like to re-schedule your appointment. That was for an attitude adjustment, right?

Cheryl's not really sick, sshhh! :D She's adjusting my attitude as we speak. Busy as hell, remember?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Squirrel
    lmao.............shit mate......i'm just stunned...dunno what to say really.....

Really, it's all about the "Hey!"s. They make or break this song.
  • Options
    Cheryl's not really sick, sshhh! :D She's adjusting my attitude as we speak. Busy as hell, remember?

I can tell. Someone as busy as you probably only has barely enough time to post on the Pearl Jam message board between VERY important tasks...
  • Options
    gah...just listened to low's song.....omg...can't belive there's so many talented people on here....oh i feel so worthless!!!! buhuhuuuuu *sob*

anyway...hail hail...is all i can say....:D
  • Options
    I can tell. Someone as busy as you probably only has barely enough time to post on the Pearl Jam message board between VERY important tasks...

I was just gonna tell you that I took out the time to listen to Soldier of Love and that it blows Betterman clear out of the water cause it kicks ass, but as you said: barely enough time for anything between Cheryl here, my usual attitude therapy and my extremely important tasks, so I won't bother posting it...
  • Options
    Well, I keep saying how much better our version of Soldier of Love is compared to our version of Betterman... but everyone's just a Betterman junkie, what can I do?

Tell Cheryl 'Hi' for me... we'll have to do lunch.

Besides, Low and Neener both kick my ass. Seriously. I just sit in my clock tower, shooting stupid people.