Options

Holy Shite...

mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
edited December 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Stunningly beautiful. I'd love to own it but I could never spend that much not being a Rock Star. I think Stone should buy it for Ed. For his birthday.

Most of the objects of my affections are of the sunburst variety but I love blondes too.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    Stunningly beautiful. I'd love to own it but I could never spend that much not being a Rock Star. I think Stone should buy it for Ed. For his birthday.

Most of the objects of my affections are of the sunburst variety but I love blondes too.

Funny you mention that...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2368022768&category=47069
  • Options
    ok Damn fender. I want to play one of those so bad. I wish they could cure the wood and dry it all out like those late 60's and 70's SG's so it would ring out even more.

I've got the day off tomorrow and the day after Christmas too. I'm going to guitar center both days I think.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    But since you would prefer a sunburst over that gorgeous butterscotch blonde:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2367860045&category=38083

You can have that one, I've already got one...
  • Options
    Okay, the Tele Sonic didn't grab ya...

How 'bout this beauty?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2367580945&category=2385
  • Options
    "This would be a great guitar for anyone with an interest in richness and quality."

anything in this thread would be a great guitar for that.

Guilds are great.

I love the telesonics too.

A guy in this local band Red Letter Agent plays a 70's Tele Custom Thinline that is gorgeous into an Orange AD 30. Yeah they sound good. THe lead player has a Showmaster head into a 2x12 cab and it sounds awesome they are very Brit Pop though uber reverb uber delay, you can tell the lead singer was going for the Thom Yorke/Coldplay kind of style
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    A guy in this local band Red Letter Agent plays a 70's Tele Custom Thinline that is gorgeous into an Orange AD 30. Yeah they sound good. THe lead player has a Showmaster head into a 2x12 cab and it sounds awesome they are very Brit Pop though uber reverb uber delay, you can tell the lead singer was going for the Thom Yorke/Coldplay kind of style

I know the type... we've got a great instrumental band here, very Sigur Ros-inspired, but very good, very talented... both guitar players have those old Roland tape-echo units, and the Rhodes player has a Maestro phaser... so much delay and verb... but so good...
  • Options
    WiLL75WiLL75 Posts: 415
    That '56 is a beauty and WAY outta my price range. I like those telesonics, but in red.
    7-9-03 New York(MSG II baby!)
    9-4-05 Calgary (10c Tix!)
    8-8-09 Calgary
    9-21-12 Calgary (10c Tix! Row 12!!)
    My URL
    http://www.myspace.com/thehuskytruckers

http://www.facebook.com
  • Options
    Originally posted by WiLL75
    That '56 is a beauty and WAY outta my price range.

That's why I made my own...

Mexican Telecaster: $200 used.
    Seymour Duncan pickup: $80.
    Pickguard: $20.
    Wiring and installation: $50.

My own hot-rod Esquire: Priceless.
  • Options
    niiice. Once I have my strat and my pedal board all made, I'll go into savings mode for a long time. After which, I think I just might get an LP. : )
    8-8-09 Calgary
    My URL

• Options
    I would put my Tele/Esquire up against any other Tele, Esquire, or Broadcaster out there...

Them old guitars have mojo, but mine has balls.
  • Options
    pariahpariah Posts: 596
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    That's why I made my own...

Mexican Telecaster: $200 used.
    Seymour Duncan pickup: $80.
    Pickguard: $20.
    Wiring and installation: $50.

My own hot-rod Esquire: Priceless.

Why not replace both the pups?
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • Options
    I could be wrong, but I think it's because he mainly uses the bridge pickup and rarely, if at all, the neck pickup.

*ding*

8-8-09 Calgary
    My URL

• Options
    Originally posted by pariah
    Why not replace both the pups?

Two reasons.

1: I wanted a good "distortion" guitar, and I always use the bridge pickup for overdrive. It has better note definition, not as muddy. Now, clean, I tend to like a neck pickup, or both pups together. But the Quarter-pounder pup that I got is warm enough for a little bit of clean work. I have my Tele Sonic to balance out some clean tones with, and the pups in the Tele Sonic are fabulous.

2. I wanted an Esquire.

There really isn't a pup with output to match the Quarter-Pounder bridge pickup, anyways, being that the slot is too small. So it would be mis-matched. Not using that pickup, I didn't want some dummy pup in there, affecting the strings with it's magnetic field, so I just dumped it. I still have the stock pickups, so if I ever want to convert it back, I can. But I love it just the way it is... if you ever played it, you would agree that it couldn't be any other way.
  • Options
    Originally posted by WiLL75
    I could be wrong, but I think it's because he mainly uses the bridge pickup and rarely, if at all, the neck pickup.

*ding*

Bingo.
  • Options
    *Looks at the jury...*

I'm sorry, but thats a wrong answer. No refrigerator for you tonight. ;)

Why decrease versatility if keeping versatility and increasing quality would only cost you 60 bucks more (+80 pickup, -20 pickguard) ?
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • Options
    *Looks at the jury...*

I'm sorry, but thats a wrong answer. No refrigerator for you tonight. ;)

Why decrease versatility if keeping versatility and increasing quality would only cost you 60 bucks more (+80 pickup, -20 pickguard) ?

Because there is true beauty in simplicity...

Sure, I could have four pups, phase-reverse switches, pots and knobs galore, coil taps, everything...

But I want a bridge-pup tele into a Tubescreamer and a Fender tube amp...

Let everyone else use the toys...
  • Options
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    Because there is true beauty in simplicity...
    Ok, that'll do for an answer... :)

EXCEPT for Tom Delonge Strats... A Strat has three pups. Period.
  • Options
    Ok, that'll do for an answer... :)

EXCEPT for Tom Delonge Strats... A Strat has three pups. Period.

I disagree... I like the Delonge Strat.

Different strokes, eh?

A hot humbucker and a volume knob, that's all I need for some good hi-gain fun...
  • Options
    I would love to have one of these, too:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=031224090652209206224099236913/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/517054/

Ed's got a couple single-pup SG's in his collection that I love, too.
  • Options
    That TV yellow colour looks like someone took a piss on it. I like it in Dark Sunburst though.

Ed's Sg Juniors kick ass. Especially the Blue-Green one.
  • Options
    See? Sometimes we can agree...

The rest of the time, we can agree to disagree.

If you ever get the chance, try a Delonge Strat... sure, it might not be your style, but you might be surprised how great the simplicity is...
  • Options
    Will do! Think I have the opportunity next week... I'll come back and share my experiences....