I found my new toy of lust...

mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
edited January 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I'm happy for you. Crave away I'd say
  • Originally posted by pearlwax
    I'm happy for you. Crave away I'd say

Why, you ungrateful little...
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    cool isn't it. I prefer the SG JR's but slap some good tuners on it and it's nice simple too.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • I don't know... it sorta has a Danelectro-style headstock and tuners, I kinda like them. It would be interesting to see how they hold up, but I imagine they're at least better than the tulip pieces of crap.
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    I don't know... it sorta has a Danelectro-style headstock and tuners, I kinda like them. It would be interesting to see how they hold up, but I imagine they're at least better than the tulip pieces of crap.

the head stock is fine. The tuners are the same as those on Gibson Acoustics of the Era, read (those tuners suck balls) Other than that the thing is really cool.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Originally posted by Pacomc79
    the head stock is fine. The tuners are the same as those on Gibson Acoustics of the Era, read (those tuners suck balls) Other than that the thing is really cool.

Well, yeah... a single dog-ear P-90... that's perfect!
    the originals are really cool and extremely expensive. Gretsch has a version in sunburst from their elecromatic series.
  • I'll bet it's a great guitar for open-tuning slide work... My 1956 Danelectro DC-2 is pretty good for that stuff.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    I'll bet it's a great guitar for open-tuning slide work...

bingo.

now i just have to learn slide.
    yeah I currently want a cheapo Danelectro Baritone. Those gibsons are perfect for slide work unless you're going for duane allman type od smoothness then you need a humbucker. But those P-90's are so fat, think Lap Steel type Ben Harper riffs.
  • Originally posted by Pacomc79
    But those P-90's are so fat, think Lap Steel type Ben Harper riffs.

That thing through a Bassman would be perfect for the "Homeless Child" riff...
    That thing through a Bassman would be perfect for the "Homeless Child" riff...

indeed. the tweed overdrive so to speak. I wonder how that would sound with a way huge Red Llama or the Pharaoh Rodeo Drive a clone of the RL which is no longer made (tweed overdrive)
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    hey paco, really dumb question not being a guitarist, I thought certain effects went with certain instruments, i.e bass or guitar. Yes I know some can be used generically. I have some way huges shit that was in those footlockers I didn't list them because I thought they were cheap knockoffs and I had all that boss stuff. I have that little red thing, a green one, a purple something, and something called a pig foot I think. So I can pull them out and put on my bass pedalboards.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Originally posted by puremagic
    hey paco, really dumb question not being a guitarist, I thought certain effects went with certain instruments, i.e bass or guitar. Yes I know some can be used generically. I have some way huges shit that was in those footlockers I didn't list them because I thought they were cheap knockoffs and I had all that boss stuff. I have that little red thing, a green one, a purple something, and something called a pig foot I think. So I can pull them out and put on my bass pedalboards.

oh...... my...... god....
  • Originally posted by puremagic

Ahem,
    Puremagic,
    I don't want to cut in here,

You have always, of course, been a "10":),
    But amongst musicians and gearheads, you are now "turned up to 11". :D
    I don't think they are for bass ,, but,
    they are going to be worth a lot of Pina Coladas down at the beach, or a lot of massages under the cabana, as you don't drink.
    Otherwise, I defer to the experts for the drool factor!
    We're off to Maine for a few days or so. Have a great weekend!
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

Oh dear lord. You have a virtual gold mine. Way Huge are legendary effects I apologise for not noting this before.

These should be them.

http://www.wayhuge.com/product.html

I cannot begin to tell you how much they are worth.

Jorge Tripps formerly of Way Huge now works with Line 6 making them exponentially better as he was kind of a genius.

Please put them on your bass or guitar boards and experiment. They are among the best effects pedals I have ever seen but beyond that they are incredibly valuable and fetch above 600 to 1000 dollars on ebay easily per piece. They are handmade point to point wonder beasts.

Please Please play with them and if your going to sell them please let us know first. :)

I guess not to many people have ever heard of Way Huge but they are awesome awesome gutar effects. THe Red one... THe Red Llama is in essence Tom Petty's sound. He uses a Ric with a Fender Twin Reverb the Red Llama and that's in essence the Tom Petty sound. Cool Huh. Play around. Hope your weekend is going well.
  • puremagic has insulted me as a Bass player. Why does everyone think that since they play bass they don't have to be anygood or know anything. Come on, someone throw me a bone. Please tell me their are some bass players out there who don't call effects pedals things like "the purple thing, and one that looks like a pigs foot".
    Support you local anarchist
    Originally posted by anarchRist_14
    puremagic has insulted me as a Bass player. Why does everyone think that since they play bass they don't have to be anygood or know anything. Come on, someone throw me a bone. Please tell me their are some bass players out there who don't call effects pedals things like "the purple thing, and one that looks like a pigs foot".

she's a pretty damn good bass player actually. If you see my post above about way huge pedals you'll understand why she was confused. She's referring to the names of the effects and whether or not they were useable with Bass. As far as I know WH pedals have fairly wide frequency responses but even if it dosen't get the lowest lows some of those fuzzes make for killer bass solos. No one's down on bass players here. Hell, Look at Entwistle, Townsend is a great songwriter and a good player in his own right but it was moon and Entwistle laying down the runs and filling the solos that made the Who truely stand out.

The only way anyone learns is to ask questions.
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by anarchRist_14
    puremagic has insulted me as a Bass player. Why does everyone think that since they play bass they don't have to be anygood or know anything. Come on, someone throw me a bone. Please tell me their are some bass players out there who don't call effects pedals things like "the purple thing, and one that looks like a pigs foot".

Well I truly did not mean to insult you as a bass player or as a person. If you knew the background of how I came about some of the gear, you would understand. But suffice it to say, please except my apology. I'm still learning guitar effects vs bass effects. But don't ever question my ability to play bass ok.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.