How are there tickets on stubhub if the transfer option has been turned off???

Ok, what am I missing? My option to sell/transfer tickets has been disabled, Ticketmaster is sold out (for now) so how are there so many tickets available on through ticket brokers? What am I missing?

Comments

• Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,840
    Again:

Not all tickets are subjected to the restrictions. Every venue has season ticket holders. A lot of season ticket holders buy tickets to popular events in hopes of defraying their season ticket cost.

Their tickets (plus contest winners) aren't subjected to the limitations.

In addition, because the internet is what it is and technology is hackable...
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,539
    edited September 13
    There's multiple reasons, but the big one is resellers have found work arounds.  I saw this happening all the way back to when U2 was playing the sphere.  They now have a way to relay/transfer the bar code.   It's made it so the average joe can't transfer tickets, but professional resellers can.  Kind of moots the whole point of fan2fan.

I suppose it was inevitable.  I attended shows by 3 different bands this year that used it (U2, Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters).  With more bands using it, resellers were going to find a way.
    Post edited by Zod on
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H Posts: 2,151
    Zod said:
    There's multiple reasons, but the big one is resellers have found work arounds.  I saw this happening all the way back to when U2 was playing the sphere.  They now have a way to relay/transfer the bar code.   It's made it so the average joe can't transfer tickets, but professional resellers can.  Kind of moots the whole point of fan2fan.

I suppose it was inevitable.  I attended shows by 3 different bands this year that used it (U2, Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters).  With more bands using it, resellers were going to find a way.
    There is also account surrender. Basically they sell you access to their TM account for the night. Its annoying but there really isnt a way to stop it unless you make everyone get tickets as they walk into the venue w/ photo ID. (not going to happen for a venue bigger than 2k) 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 || Chicago, IL August 29, 2024