Did you know...???

mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
edited February 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I thought you knew, it's been out for a year and a half now.

They had a single cut too but it got axed thanks to gibson.

I played one last weekend. It's very cool, set neck too. $449
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    I thought you knew, it's been out for a year and a half now.

I was aware of the McCarty's...

But not the SE's.

Damn, that's affordable.
    I was aware of the McCarty's...

But not the SE's.

Damn, that's affordable.

yeah, sounds pretty good too. It's oddly light weight though. You kind of want it to be heavier. Maybe I'm just used to the LP. I'd also like a pickguard.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    Yeah, pretty cool and pretty cheap though
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    yeah, sounds pretty good too. It's oddly light weight though. You kind of want it to be heavier. Maybe I'm just used to the LP. I'd also like a pickguard.

Well, call up WD or Warmoth.

The weight would probably get to me, though. What is it, basswood?
    Well, call up WD or Warmoth.

The weight would probably get to me, though. What is it, basswood?

http://www.prsguitars.com

I'm not sure. I thought mahogany (epiphone style like they build the Epi LP's with) The light stuff, but it certainly is light like Basswood.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    http://www.prsguitars.com

I'm not sure. I thought mahogany (epiphone style like they build the Epi LP's with) The light stuff, but it certainly is light like Basswood.

It is, indeed, mahogany.

I still prefer my Tele, but damn, the price sure is right.
  • TavTav Posts: 63
    I am considering getting a doublecut SE soap bar in future. I currently have a Santana SE. Red with the tremolo bridge. It's a great guitar. The perfect splice of Fender and Gibson in my opinion. They are very light which was a concern to me but they have great tone...and don't hurt your back. I am not a fan of the majority of more expensive PRS'. There's something about the flat top with only fore arm contour that appeals to me...more of a working mans guitar.

I don't have particularly long fingers yet for some reason the wide fat back neck is the most comfortable neck I have played yet. When I had Warmoth build my Telecaster I made sure I got the dimensions as close to the PRS carve as I could.

The retail price in the UK is £659 or about $1200? I picked mines up for £379 with a £100 padded gig bag...most of the stores sell them around the £400 mark.

I think PRS should do an American made version of the SE guitar...flat top...solid colours...I'd be the first to buy one.