2024 (and 2023) Pearl Jam Song Stats (Updated With Each Show)

Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,635
edited September 10 in Given To Fly (live)
I touched on this in the Philly N2 thread, and some limp-noodle lurker decided to poke fun at song chasing & stats (accurate, or otherwise). To which I say: it's harmless fun. Who cares if the accuracy is so-so from 1990-1996?
It's only 09/10/2024 because a bunch of old white dudes from the Catholic Church got together in a room in 1582 & decided it was :D
So, rather than not post about this stuff, I'm just gonna go HARDER lol.
*All stats from the LiveFootsteps dot org. SetlistFM unreliable due to it being an open wiki, but still a good resource.

First off, a recap of 2023's notable stats:
  • 08/31/23, St. Paul N1 - Indifference as opener, 500th performance of Given to Fly, 550th performance of Daughter, and 2nd ever Eddie performance of Tom Petty's 'Wildflowers' at a PJ show. Have not been played since: Insignificance (last played in 2016, scratched from the Philly N2 2024 setlist), Superblood Wolfmoon & Buckle Up
  • 09/02/23, St. Paul N2 - Pendulum as opener, 550th performance of Better Man, and the 2nd ever Brain Damage (Pink Floyd) tag/snippet, last played in 2010. Severed Hand & Got Some return after a 5+ year absence. Have not been played since: Take The Long Way (Gigaton) & Purple Rain (in Minnesota, no less!)
  • 09/05/23, Chicago N1 - God's Dice & Comatose return after a 5+ year absence, and War Pigs is tagged to Alive. Have not been played since: Surrender (Cheap Trick).
  • 09/07/23, Chicago N2 - Marker in the Sand returns after a 7 year hiatus, and Tremor Christ & Green Disease return after a 5+ year absence. Have not been played since: Marker, Green Disease, and Street Fighting Man (Rolling Stones).
  • 09/13/23, Ft. Worth N1 - Oceans as opener, and rarities include: All Those Yesterdays, Pilate, and Satan's Bed. Not played since: Chaise Lounge (tag).
  • 09/15/23, Ft. Worth N2 - Long Road as opener, Undone (!) returns after a THIRTEEN year absence, along with Breakerfall after 5+ years. Not played since: Undone & Brain Damage tag/snippet.
  • 09/18/23, Austin N1 - Nothingman as opener, Thumbing My Way & Out Of My Mind (?!) return after a 5+ year absence. Not played since: Whipping & Thumbing My Way.
  • 09/19/23, Austin N2 - Wash as opener, with Ed doing a quick rendition of Throw Your Arms Around Me solo before the show. 600th performance of Black, and the 100th performance of Habit. Unemployable returns after almost a decade! And Who You Are returns after over 7+ years. Poor Girl (EV & the Supersuckers) makes it's PJ live debut as a tag for Daughter. As a tribute to Stevie Ray Vaughn, Scuttle Buttin' & Couldn't Stand the Weather are debuted as tags to Yellow Ledbetter. Not played since: Retrograde, Never Destination, Poor Girl (tag), Unemployable, Who You Are, and the Scuttle Buttin' & Couldn't Stand the Weather tags.
Now, for the 2024 Dark Matter Tour! 
Leg 1 (US)
  • 05/04/24, Vancouver N1 - Wash as opener, it's 100th overall performance. The Pearl Jam live (audience) debuts of Scared of Fear, React/Respond, Wreckage, Dark Matter, Upper Hand, Won't Tell, Running, Something Special, and Setting Sun from the Dark Matter album. Also the show with the most Dark Matter songs to date (9). The 550th performance of Do The Evolution. Leatherman returns after almost 8 years. Live debut of Bobcaygeon (The Tragically Hip) as a tag for Daughter. Not played since: Leatherman & Bobcaygeon (tag).
  • 05/06/24, Vancouver N2 - Long Road as opener, and the live debut (and lone performance to date) of Got to Give from Dark Matter. Not played since: Quick Escape, Alone *played at Philly N2!, and Got to Give.
  • 05/10/24, Portland, OR - the live debut of Waiting For Stevie completes the Dark Matter cycle. W.M.A. returns as a tag for Daughter. Rare appearance of the Mommason trilogy to cap the show. Not played since: Seven O'Clock.
  • 05/13/24, Sacramento - Pendulum as opener, and a rare Picture in a Frame by Ed (the 1st since 2016) starts off the encore set. It Ain't Like That by AIC is teased for the first time. Not played since: Picture in a Frame, I'm Open, and Light Years.
  • 05/16/24, Las Vegas N1 - Sometimes as opener, followed by a rare Hard to Imagine. Ed plays a snippet of U2's Bad for the first time as a nod (or tease for the Sphere) & a lead-in for Corduroy. Ed also debuts a cover of a song inspired by him, Maybe It's Time from the most recent iteration of 'A Star is Born'. Not played since: Sometimes, Breakerfall, Tremor Christ, and Bad.
  • 05/18/24, Las Vegas N2 - Of the Girl as opener, and You Are returns after an almost 6 year absence. Not played since: Severed Hand & You Are.
  • 05/21/24, Los Angeles N1 - Oceans as opener, it's 100th overall performance (a song I'm STILL chasing). Rarities include Come Back, In My Tree, and Faithfull. Not played since: Got Some, Save You, and Faithfull.
  • 05/22/34, Los Angeles N2 - Long Road as opener, and a snippet of The Waiting by Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers debuts in front of Waiting For Stevie. 'Untitled' is polished off & played before MFC, and All Those Yesterdays is played for just the 24th time ever. Not played since: Go, Untitled, All Those Yesterdays, The Waiting (tease/tag), and Comatose.
  • 05/25/24, Napa Valley, CA - Lukin (!) as opener, and Corduroy earns the Marvel badge with performance #616. Ed does a rendition of Last Kiss solo, followed by a cover of Maybe It's Time with "Movie Ed" Bradley Cooper. Both have not been played since. Amazing poster.
  • 05/28/24, Seattle N1 - Release opens, with a rare Thin Air directly afterwards. My City of Ruins by Bruce Springsteen & the E-Street Band debuts as a tag for Daughter. Not played since: Thin Air, My City of Ruins (tag), Man of the Hour (dedicated to Bill Walton), River Cross, Deep, All Along The Watchtower (Dylan), and the tagged version of Little Wing ("Yellow Wing", full Little Wing to be played at Wrigley Field N2).
  • 05/30/24, Seattle N2 - Black appears as a rare opener, tagged with We Belong Together as well. Ed debuts a cover of NIN/Trent Reznor's 'Hurt', in the style of Johnny Cash. Not played since: Pilate, War Pigs (tag) & Hurt.
Coming up? Legs 2 & 3 (after coffee, lol :coffee: )
PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
Post edited by Go Animal on

Comments

• Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,635
    Leg 2 (Europe)
    • 06/22/24, Dublin - Keep Me In Your Heart (W. Zevon) played by Ed opens up the encore, only it's 4th appearance. Mike's cover of Eruption let's the band regroup after a lively Scared of Fear. Live debut of Give Me The Cure (Fugazi) as a tag for Daughter, as well as a rare tag for Suggestion (also by Fugazi, it's 1st appearance in 6 years). All covers/tags have not been played since.
    • 06/25/24, Manchester, UK - Of the Girl opens, while All Night & Inside Job make rare appearances. Present Tense marks it's 150th overall performance. Not played since: Fuckin' Up (N. Young)
    • 07/06/24, Barcelona N1 - Footsteps appears as a rare opener, followed by a serene Nothingman. Even Flow records it's 900th overall performance, the most of any PJ song. Wasted Reprise returns after almost 3 years in front of Life Wasted. Not played since: Footsteps, Habit, Romanza (tag, 2nd time ever).
    • 07/08/24, Barcelona N2, - Oceans as opener, and Rise (Public Image Ltd) debuts as a tag for Daughter. Not played since: Oceans, Rise (tag), 1/2 Full, Who Ever Said, Satisfaction (tag), and Something Special (for now).
    • 07/11/24, Madrid - Lukin as opener, followed shortly by the 500th overall performance of Elderly Woman Behind The Counter in a Small Town. Not played since: Lukin & W.M.A. (song, or tag).
    • 07/13/24, Lisbon - Daughter as a rare opener, with no tag. Noteworthy: enjoyable festival set,  but shortest of the past year.
    Leg 3 (US)
    • 08/22/24, Missoula - Given to Fly as opener (with Big Sky country drone footage), followed immediately by Nothing As It Seems. Gimme Some Truth returns as a cover after almost 18 years (!) Her Majesty is covered by Ed for only the 2nd time, and Setting Sun appears as a tag (Hard to Imagine) for the first time, an later appears as the full song. Not played since: NAIS, Hard to Imagine, Her Majesty, Wasted Reprise, and Life Wasted.
    • 08/26/24, Noblesville, IN - Wash as opener, followed by Nothingman. Ed debuts a cover of Glen Hansard's "Song of Good Hope to start off the encore. This show also marks the 400th overall performance of Yellow Ledbetter by the band. Not played since: Wash, Nothingman, Present Tense, and Lightning Bolt.
    • 08/29/24, Wrigley Field N1 - Release as a less frequent, but welcome opener. U returns to the set after almost 6 years, and Voodoo Child is tagged after almost 3 years for the 6th time ever. An excellent Down is played for the 100th time ever. All have not been played since.
    • 08/31/24, Wrigley Field N2 - Garden as a rare opener, followed by a very early Porch. Falling Slowly (The Swell Season/Glen) makes it's PJ show debut with Ed & Glen, following a timely Throw You Arms Around Me. After over 8 years, Little Wing (J. Hendrix) marks only it's 6th appearance as a full cover by the band. Not played since: Come Back, All Night, In Hiding, TYAAM, Falling Slowly, Smile, and Little Wing.
    • 09/03/24, MSG N1 - Pendulum as opener, followed by an early Better Man/Save It For Later. Satan's Bed makes a rare appearance, as Out Of My Mind somehow is starting to seem like a regular?? Not played since: Pendulum, Immortality, Satan's Bed, OOMM, Love Boat Captain, Imagine (J. Lennon cover), Inside Job, and Unthought Known.
    • 09/04/24, MSG N1 - Garden opens the Garden. Scared of Fear finally gets it's album opener as a segue into Dark Matter. I Am a Patriot (S. Van Zandt) returns after a 6 year absence, courtesy of Ed. Not played since: to be updated by end of Leg 4.
    • 09/07/24, Philadelphia N1 - Long Road as opener, followed soon by a rare Brain of J. Untitled is teased before MFC, but not in full. Tom Petty's Free Fallin' makes it's live debut as a tag for Daughter. Not played since: to be updated by end of Leg 4. 
    • 09/09/24, Philadelphia N2 - Milestones aplenty. Of the Girl as opener, and Corduroy earns it's STITCH badge with performance #626. In My Tree marks it's 100th ever performance, and a rare rendition of Alone finally notches it's 50th appearance. Meanwhile, Porch hits performance #650 - a true war horse. Animal earns it's "Medicinal" badge with performance #420, and Wreckage becomes the most played song from Dark Matter, already at #25. Norwegian Wood (Beatles/G. Harrison) makes it's live debut as a tag for Wishlist. And Rats makes a rare appearance after being spotted scurrying around Nashville 2 years ago. Not played since: to be updated by end of Leg 4. 
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!