Another quick update, and gear for sale

mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
edited April 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Well, I sold my Marshall tube combo, finally. Glad it's moved on, it's just been taking up room since I got it. In the process of trying to find boxes to ship it, I discovered that a local shop had a Fender Nashville Tele in Arctic White, a color not available anymore. So... I bought it. $380 included a decent hardshell. It's nice... great neck, plays really well, rosewood fretboard. I'm now broke, but I have my final electric guitar... for now...

In other news, selling this for a friend:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7313258759

Beater Jazz Bass, made in Mexico. It's not great, but it plays and sounds fine.

I will probably have a 2x12" cabinet with Mojotone speakers for sale in a few days as well... if anyone wants it, lemme know, otherwise I'll eBay that as well.
...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Nice find!
    Good price and nice guitar.

I can't believe I don't have a Tele. I just got a set of stock tele pups and a pickguard jazz pick up from Lindy Fralin.

So there I was with a couple of beers looking for something to put the tele pups into. This is definitely an example of the hazards of mixing beers and the internet!:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7312172911&rd

:eek:

Now I need a neck. Maybe some paint stripper!

I'll take the Kent Armstrong out and try out the Fralins
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    exhausted wrote:
    let's see some pics of the new tele. you're not ditching that one you just bought now are you?

Sorry, keep forgetting to take the camera out to the studio. Maybe once my pedalboard is finished, I'll have something to take a pic of...

No, keeping the other two Teles. I just have three now.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Sorry, keep forgetting to take the camera out to the studio. Maybe once my pedalboard is finished, I'll have something to take a pic of...

No, keeping the other two Teles. I just have three now.

but totally different flavours. that's an awesome way to go.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    exhausted wrote:
    but totally different flavours. that's an awesome way to go.

It's kind of a gimmick, sure...

But I love each and every one.

The best thing, imo, is that each guitar is similar enough that switching between them doesn't require much in the way of adjustment. Whereas swapping, say, a Rickenbacker for, say, an Epiphone Dot would be a significant change in neck feel, body feel, etc., my Teles all have different sounds, but they all feel pretty much the same. And once I put a rosewood fretboard neck on my Deluxe, that'll be even closer.

I tell you this much, I'm in love with the Nashville Tele, but I'll be a lot happier when I get my Strat-O-Tele built and the new pups are in. I'm 90% sure I want Fralin Blues in the neck and middle, and 100% sure I want a Harmonic Design S90 in the bridge. And Warmoth can make me a new pickguard, no prob... although they don't seem to have red tortoiseshell, which is what I want. Eh... sometimes you have to make do...
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638

But I love each and every one.

The best thing, imo, is that each guitar is similar enough that switching between them doesn't require much in the way of adjustment. Whereas swapping, say, a Rickenbacker for, say, an Epiphone Dot would be a significant change in neck feel, body feel, etc., my Teles all have different sounds, but they all feel pretty much the same. And once I put a rosewood fretboard neck on my Deluxe, that'll be even closer.

not gimmicky at all. i think it's cool. i know all too well about trying to adjust to a rick's neck.
  • WiLL75WiLL75 Posts: 415

And Warmoth can make me a new pickguard, no prob... although they don't seem to have red tortoiseshell, which is what I want. Eh... sometimes you have to make do...

Again, I was going to ask you about where to get the pickguard. My mind is on the sg special again.
    7-9-03 New York(MSG II baby!)
    9-4-05 Calgary (10c Tix!)
    8-8-09 Calgary
    9-21-12 Calgary (10c Tix! Row 12!!)
    My URL
    http://www.myspace.com/thehuskytruckers

http://www.facebook.com