**** 09/07 Philadelphia N1 Setlist Thread **** Crowd-Sourced

Comments

• bootlegbootleg Posts: 675
    First show of the tour I’ve got fomo.  Prob couldn’t have designed a better DM tour set.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,796
    Go Animal said:
    1. THE LONG ROAD
    For McGruff!
  • DempsDemps Posts: 102
    I know recency bias is real, but if that isn't the best show I have ever been to it is certainly in the team picture. Right up there with Hartford 2013 for sure. I know it's not rare to hear, but after MSG 1 and tonight I have to say that I think, even 30+ years later, they have taken Black to another level. That is insane to hear live these days. Won't Tell was great to hear tonight, but I preferred hearing Upper Hand for the first time at MSG - that seems like it would have been an all-timer to see live if they wrote it 20 years ago. Hope it sticks around going forward. Also, I get that they might be burned out on Giga, but man I'd love for Who Ever Said or Quick Escape to get sprinkled in one of these nights, tho I get I might be alone there. Looking forward to Monday, and while I don't think this set will be topped this tour, I have a funny feeling Baltimore is going to be great too. 
    I suggest you step out on your porch...run away my son...see it all...oh see the world // I wait on the porch...hoping someday I'll be let in

Springfield, MA 4/6/94 -- Boston, MA 4/11/94 -- Hartford, CT 10/2/96 -- Hartford, CT 9/13/98 -- Mansfield, MA 7/2/03 -- Reading, PA 10/1/04 -- Albany, NY 5/12/06 -- Milwaukee, WI 6/29/06 -- Mansfield, MA 6/30/08 -- Toronto, ON 9/21/09 -- Philadelphia, PA 10/31/09 -- Worcester, MA 10/16/13 -- Hartford, CT 10/25/13 -- New York, NY 9/26/15 -- New York, NY 5/2/16 -- Boston, MA 8/5/16 -- Boston, MA 8/7/16 -- Boston, MA 9/2/18 -- Boston, MA 9/4/18 -- London, UK 7/8/22 -- Hamilton, ON 9/6/22 -- Toronto, ON 9/8/22 -- New York, NY 9/11/22 -- Chicago, IL 9/5/23 -- Chicago, IL 9/7/23 -- New York, NY 9/3/24 -- Philadelphia, PA 9/7/24 -- Philadelphia, PA 9/9/24
    This crowd KNOWS Red Mosquito. I can hardly hear Ed
    Yes they did and was a really good version too.
    Go Animal said:
    15. A BREATH AND A SCREAM
    Not sure how many times I've heard Breath, but that was probably the best version I've seen them play.

And, the frickin' crowd was into every word.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,415
    cutz said:
    Go Animal said:
    1. THE LONG ROAD
    For McGruff!
    Yes!!!! 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    Go Animal said:
    21/22. CHLOE DANCER/CROWN OF THORNS

Mother Love Bone💜
    I could see someone holding up a sign requesting those 2.

I'm sure they lost their mind when they played them. I know I was happy they played them.
  • danofundanofun Posts: 996
    Philadelphia - the home of Pearl Jam.  Change my mind.
    Welcome home, boys. Welcome home.
    Bunting10 said:
    Everyone is losing their mind over this show, I agree it’s good, but I think MSG 2 is better.  I wasn’t at either so what the fuck do I know hahahahaa.

May Fenway be better than all of them!!
    Was at both and I prefer tonight's show.
  • danofundanofun Posts: 996
    cutz said:
    Bunting10 said:
    Everyone is losing their mind over this show, I agree it’s good, but I think MSG 2 is better.  I wasn’t at either so what the fuck do I know hahahahaa.

100%
    cutz said:
    Bunting10 said:

Was at both and it wasn’t even close. 
  • CG658530CG658530 Posts: 187
    edited September 8
    Idk, I think it’s all a matter of where you are, what songs you dig, and who’s around you. I could of course appreciate this set, but from up where I was, next to a woman who was on her facebook posting about crossing PJ off her bucket list and looking up the name of Pearl Jam’s singer and fucking about half the time, the band felt like they were putting in a kind of workman-like performance and I much preferred Wrigley 1 when I was 1 person behind the rail right in front of Jeff. Ultimately, I think a bunch of things combine to give a certain perspective that could render a show great for one person and meh for another. 
    Post edited by CG658530 on
  • jatimbojatimbo Posts: 98
    True that! And such is life. Looks like a great set for Philly! Still love my Portland show cause I was actually there and everything combined. My fav show for sure! But then, the last show I went to before that was Denver 2022? That was equally as awesome for different reasons. So fuck it. I only go to my favorite shows somehow! They’re all great!
  • jatimbojatimbo Posts: 98
    I will say the best pizza I ever had in my life was in the Philly airport. It’s pretty hard to have the best pizza you’ve ever had in your life because pizza is pretty much always awesome!
  • People lose their minds over a setlist that doesn't represent ONE ALBUM or ONE SONG released in a 24 year period?
    NOT ONE SONG OFF
    Binaural 
    Riot Act
    Avocado 
    Backspacer 
    Lightening Bolt
    Gigaton

Interesting 
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • JB79491JB79491 Posts: 39
    People lose their minds over a setlist that doesn't represent ONE ALBUM or ONE SONG released in a 24 year period?
    NOT ONE SONG OFF
    Binaural 
    Riot Act
    Avocado 
    Backspacer 
    Lightening Bolt
    Gigaton

Interesting 
    Says a lot about those albums when people are like “best setlist of the tour”
  • Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,344
    mcgruff10 said:
    cutz said:
    Bunting10 said:

Was at both and it wasn’t even close. 
    Hard agrree, and I had much better seats for MSG2.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Posts: 4,835
    edited September 8
    People lose their minds over a setlist that doesn't represent ONE ALBUM or ONE SONG released in a 24 year period?
    NOT ONE SONG OFF
    Binaural 
    Riot Act
    Avocado 
    Backspacer 
    Lightening Bolt
    Gigaton

Interesting 
    I mean, those albums have been minimally played this year as it is.  I wouldn’t say this is one of the greatest sets of all time, not even close

But so far, it is THE show of the Dark Matter tour
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,264
    CG658530 said:
    Idk, I think it’s all a matter of where you are, what songs you dig, and who’s around you. I could of course appreciate this set, but from up where I was, next to a woman who was on her facebook posting about crossing PJ off her bucket list and looking up the name of Pearl Jam’s singer and fucking about half the time, the band felt like they were putting in a kind of workman-like performance and I much preferred Wrigley 1 when I was 1 person behind the rail right in front of Jeff. Ultimately, I think a bunch of things combine to give a certain perspective that could render a show great for one person and meh for another. 
    Maybe part of the problem is you were paying more attention to her phone than the show lol
  • KN219077KN219077 Posts: 1,081
    JB79491 said:
    NOT ONE SONG OFF
    Binaural 
    Riot Act
    Avocado 
    Backspacer 
    Lightening Bolt
    Gigaton

Interesting 
    Says a lot about those albums when people are like “best setlist of the tour”
    I would say it says more about song choice and set placement. 
  • MJ178168MJ178168 Posts: 154
    This is the set I would have liked to have seen at either Indy or Wrigley 2.  Looks fantastic 
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,636
    NOT ONE SONG OFF
    Binaural 
    Riot Act
    Avocado 
    Backspacer 
    Lightening Bolt
    Gigaton

Interesting 
    Quite. Says a lot, eh?  

Great point.  
    Nice shirt.
  • Who I AmWho I Am Posts: 661
    Have a feeling Philly II will be Vs heavy
    02MAY2003 - State College, PA
    08JUL2003 - New York, NY (L@TG)
    14JUL2003 - Holmdel, NJ
    01OCT2004 - Reading, PA
    01OCT2005 - Atlantic City, NJ
    03OCT2005 - Philadelphia, PA
    27MAY2006 - Camden, NJ
    01JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    03JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    30SEP2009 - Universal City, CA
    09OCT2009 - San Diego, CA
    06JUL2011 - Long Beach, CA (EV)
    19JUL2013 - Wrigley Field, IL
    21OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    22OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    27OCT2013 - Baltimore, MD
    29APR2016 - Philadelphia, PA (TEN)
    05AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    07AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    27AUG2016 - Dana Point, CA (Ohana)
    18AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    20AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    18SEP2021 - Asbury Park, NJ
    14SEP2022 - Camden, NJ
    09SEP2024 - Philadelphia, PA
    12SEP2024 - Baltimore, MD

Who I Am said:
    Have a feeling Philly II will be Vs heavy
    I have a feeling it can’t live up to night one! 
  • SpunkieSpunkie Posts: 6,499
    pjl44 said:
    Spunkie said:
    FiveBelow said:
    Do ThE eVoLuTiOn
    I still think singing ignorant Indians is wrong. I mean I know it's a parody whatever but a parallelism would be singing nasty niggers n no one would put up with that s***
    True story: I worked with a local tribe who corrected me and asked me to use Indian instead of Native American 
    Ya, was thinking this must be a Canadian/American difference.

U guy do know that Columbus thought he landed in India, right? Thats the ignorant part, imo
    Ed absolutely nailed I won't back down.  I have no clue how night two will even come close to this.  
  • RobbertRobbert Posts: 913
    edited September 8
    NOT ONE SONG OFF
    Binaural 
    Riot Act
    Avocado 
    Backspacer 
    Lightening Bolt
    Gigaton

Interesting 
    Brilliant.
    Maybe night 2 only songs from Binaural, Riot Act, Avocado and Dark Matter.
    Post edited by Robbert on
    mcgruff10 said:
    Ed absolutely nailed I won't back down.  I have no clue how night two will even come close to this.  
    I don’t think it can, more of an after party now 😆 I am guessing it’s going to be more the standard 2024 set with alone and maybe a rarity or two mixed in. Either way, even the average sets have been great shows and the band has been sounding amazing 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,264
    Spunkie said:
    pjl44 said:
    Spunkie said:
    FiveBelow said:
    Do ThE eVoLuTiOn
    I still think singing ignorant Indians is wrong. I mean I know it's a parody whatever but a parallelism would be singing nasty niggers n no one would put up with that s***
    True story: I worked with a local tribe who corrected me and asked me to use Indian instead of Native American 
    Ya, was thinking this must be a Canadian/American difference.

U guy do know that Columbus thought he landed in India, right? Thats the ignorant part, imo
    We do, yes
  • mcgruff10 said:
    That might have been the loudest part of the show
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore