Okay, so NOW the checkbook is off limits...

mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
edited August 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Pedalboard is DONE! Finally! Well, for now, at least...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/mccreadyisgod/Pedalboard.jpg

(guitars) -> Ernie Ball Mono Volume -> MXR DynaComp -> MXR Phase 90 -> Keeley TS-9 Plus Mod -> Keeley TS-9 Baked Mod -> Boss DD-6 Delay -> DigiTech DigiVerb -> (amps)

There is also a Korg chromatic tuner that runs off the Tuner Out from the EB Volume pedal, and a Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 juicing everything up (including the 80's DynaComp with the mini plug adapter).

The pedalboard doesn't have a mfg logo, but it's a factory pedalboard with full lid, all aluminum with a loop-side velcro pedal surface. I use hook-side velcro strips to keep all the wires tidy, which works great! Found it at Wal-Mart in the crafts section where I also got the adhesive velcro... it's just a 1/2" wide strip that's meant for sewing into clothing. Cut it into strips, it works fabulous, and it's easy to readjust.

The DigiVerb has two outputs, so I currently have my Vibro Champ and my Musicmaster Bass amp wired up together. The place I'm staying at now doesn't have grounded power, so I've been playing my Line 6 a lot, the Tele Deluxe has great tone but I get a lot of ground loop with it. I've been thinking about running the Reverb before the Delay just to get the true stereo sound, but I use a single amp on stage (Sovtek Mig 50 thru one or both of two 4x10" cabinets). Eh, we'll see.

Maybe one of my Keeley 'screamers will be off to eBay for a Shannon soon... we'll see... I really like the tubescreamer sound, so it might be hard to part with.
...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• C-minorC-minor Posts: 77
    Thats a nice set up dude.
    Hows that pedal power from voodoo lab?

I have Ts9 tubescreamer and just sold my Boss cs3 compressor cause i wasnt wild about it.
    I was thinking of getting the Dyna Comp,

But then i was reading about thispedal

Visual Sound Route 66 -OD and Compressor

Alot of people Ive talked to say the Overdriver is same if not better than the Ts9, and the Compressor has an awesome tone.
    So now Im all fucked up.

Nice Board though dude.
    This is the greatest band in the world
    -Ben Harper-MSG 1 2003 -7-8
  • C-minorC-minor Posts: 77
    This is the greatest band in the world
    -Ben Harper-MSG 1 2003 -7-8
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Originally posted by C-minor
    But then i was reading about thispedal

Visual Sound Route 66 -OD and Compressor

Alot of people Ive talked to say the Overdriver is same if not better than the Ts9, and the Compressor has an awesome tone.
    So now Im all fucked up.

From what I know, the overdrive side is basically a copy of the TS-808, the original Ibanez Tubescreamer. I probably wouldn't do it, just because I want separate pedals, but it's more of a personal issue than one of quality or sound. You should be able to pick up a Dyna Comp for $60-70 brand new, and closer to $40-50 lightly used, and it's a great pedal. Probably the most typical comp pedal out there. I use it to fatten up leads and riffs, or as a boost or drive on recordings, not to mention adding sustain... gobs and gobs of sustain...

I think the Visual Sound is a great pedal, and you can't go wrong there, but I'd definitely try before you buy... it's kind of a knee-jerk reaction, but unless you know what you want, try it out first.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    Pedalboard is DONE! Finally! Well, for now, at least...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/mccreadyisgod/Pedalboard.jpg

(guitars) -> Ernie Ball Mono Volume -> MXR DynaComp -> MXR Phase 90 -> Keeley TS-9 Plus Mod -> Keeley TS-9 Baked Mod -> Boss DD-6 Delay -> DigiTech DigiVerb -> (amps)

There is also a Korg chromatic tuner that runs off the Tuner Out from the EB Volume pedal, and a Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 juicing everything up (including the 80's DynaComp with the mini plug adapter).

The pedalboard doesn't have a mfg logo, but it's a factory pedalboard with full lid, all aluminum with a loop-side velcro pedal surface. I use hook-side velcro strips to keep all the wires tidy, which works great! Found it at Wal-Mart in the crafts section where I also got the adhesive velcro... it's just a 1/2" wide strip that's meant for sewing into clothing. Cut it into strips, it works fabulous, and it's easy to readjust.

The DigiVerb has two outputs, so I currently have my Vibro Champ and my Musicmaster Bass amp wired up together. The place I'm staying at now doesn't have grounded power, so I've been playing my Line 6 a lot, the Tele Deluxe has great tone but I get a lot of ground loop with it. I've been thinking about running the Reverb before the Delay just to get the true stereo sound, but I use a single amp on stage (Sovtek Mig 50 thru one or both of two 4x10" cabinets). Eh, we'll see.

Maybe one of my Keeley 'screamers will be off to eBay for a Shannon soon... we'll see... I really like the tubescreamer sound, so it might be hard to part with.

nice rig Mig!

pretty classic. I to have an 80's Dyna/comp with the mini plug modded to ross specs by our own Eric Shannon. I'm planning to get a digiverb and probably a phase 90 as well. small world. I just use the behemouth Line 6 DL-4 instead of the DD-6. and obviously the rat instead of a second OD but I run it in lower gain settings with lots of volume so same diff. Mr. Keeley has quite a bit of our money.

Is one of the screamers "baked" ? or are they both TS-9+'s?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    Is one of the screamers "baked" ? or are they both TS-9+'s?

The first is the "Plus" mod, turning it into an 808 clone. The second is the "Baked" mod, with the 808 chip and 3x the output. I listed them as such in the original post...

I saw a Black Sabbath cover band a few months ago, and the one guitarrist used two tubescreamers together to get this monster tone. I knew then and there that I needed two...
  • WiLL75WiLL75 Posts: 415
    Well, heck, if YOU can have two...

;)
    7-9-03 New York(MSG II baby!)
    9-4-05 Calgary (10c Tix!)
    8-8-09 Calgary
    9-21-12 Calgary (10c Tix! Row 12!!)
    My URL
    http://www.myspace.com/thehuskytruckers

http://www.facebook.com
    Originally posted by WiLL75
    Well, heck, if YOU can have two...

;)

You know, I've always wanted to try two at one time...

Now I can say I've done that.
  • TelesonicTelesonic Posts: 222
    looks good MIG. did you find an adapter for the digiverb?
    my life...you electrify my life. let's conspire to reignite...all the souls that would die just feel alive.
    Originally posted by Telesonic
    looks good MIG. did you find an adapter for the digiverb?

When I got the power supply, I took the Boss cable and plugged it in. I guess the guy at the local store was feeding me a line when he told me it wasn't compatible... so it's already all good....
  • Wow.. that is the worst green carpet I have ever seen ;)

Hehe Pretty sweet set-up though!!! How do you find the Boss DD-6? I was thinking about grabbing one but thought it looked like something I would have to fiddle around with too often between songs.
    [Kitchener 05 - London 05 - Hamilton 05 - Toronto 05 - Astoria 06 - Dublin 06 - Leeds 06 - Reading 06 - Wembley 07] -- I think I've had enough ....
    Originally posted by Nullifidian
    Wow.. that is the worst green carpet I have ever seen ;)

Hehe Pretty sweet set-up though!!! How do you find the Boss DD-6? I was thinking about grabbing one but thought it looked like something I would have to fiddle around with too often between songs.

Well, I spend my money on toys, not redecorating.

The DD-6 can be purchased at just about any Boss dealer or catalog company. I picked mine up from Musician's Friend (http://www.musiciansfriend.com) for $130 (they're having their anniversary sale right now, hella cheap). I have it set for just a basic delay, about 900 ms, feedback at about 1:00 o'clock. It also has a built-in tap tempo, so if you want in-time delay, you just engage that and tap out the time signature. If you want to set different delay types as presets, the Line 6 DL-4 is the way to go... the Boss DD-20 is pretty sweet, as well...
  • I didnt actually mean where to find it. Meant how you found it, good or bad.... But thinking about it I guess you'd hardly use a bad pedal lol!

I was looking at the line 6 too. It all looks good! Though everything costs so much money. When you get your checkbook going again maybe you can like donate me some ;) (Money that is!)
    [Kitchener 05 - London 05 - Hamilton 05 - Toronto 05 - Astoria 06 - Dublin 06 - Leeds 06 - Reading 06 - Wembley 07] -- I think I've had enough ....
    Originally posted by Nullifidian
    I didnt actually mean where to find it. Meant how you found it, good or bad.... But thinking about it I guess you'd hardly use a bad pedal lol!

I was looking at the line 6 too. It all looks good! Though everything costs so much money. When you get your checkbook going again maybe you can like donate me some ;) (Money that is!)

Ah... that makes more sense. I thought you were having difficulty locating one. Some of the Boss delays are discontinued, like the DD-2 and DD-5.

I really only use delay as a textural element in noodling and solos. This pedal is incredible-sounding, assuming you like really precise, clean digital delay. For a U2-type tone, it's great (unless you want that old-school Electro Harmonix Memory Man, the pedal that only works when it wants to). I'd say it's probably the best single-space delay pedal on the market today. The DL-4, the DD-20, and the Memory Man are all at least double-wide, so they take up quite a bit of real estate on a pedal board or in your floor array. That's really the main reason I went with the DD-6 instead of the DL-4 or DD-20, those pedals have a lot more options, but I just don't have room for them. I know people who use both of them, and they come highly recommended.

I recently tried out one of the Danelectro lunchbox specials... their delay pedal, the PB&J. It was pretty damned good, considering the price. I think anyone who wants to try out a type of pedal for a while before investing in the top-notch versions would be well-advised to pick up a Danelectro Mini or Ibanez Soundtank version and see if the effect is something you want to use. They aren't bad pedals, and they're cheap... and they aren't necessarily a trial-period-only pedal, so you don't just have to use it, toss it, and get an upgrade, you could keep playing the damn things for decades. If you're on limited funds and want to try out some delay (or anything else), it's not a bad way to go.
  • WiLL75WiLL75 Posts: 415
    I'm gonna get me one of them photobucket things and post my guitars and pedalboard pics to compare to your pedalboard.

I will, oh yes, I will.

Eventually.
    7-9-03 New York(MSG II baby!)
    9-4-05 Calgary (10c Tix!)
    8-8-09 Calgary
    9-21-12 Calgary (10c Tix! Row 12!!)
    My URL
    http://www.myspace.com/thehuskytruckers

http://www.facebook.com