So, I recorded this album for a friend last fall...

mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
edited August 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
I know some of you folks were listening to me bitch about engineering the first album I ever did. I mentioned that I'd post links to soundbites if we ever got any. Well, somebody finally hosted the files...

http://www.fireflysessions.com/main.php?content=downloads

The artist I engineered and mixed was Burke Jam, he has five songs and a video available to hear/see. I'm very proud of the way this stuff turned out, especially after being mastered by John Golden (Chris Isaak, Primus, Sonic Youth, Superchunk, Preston School of Industry). It's definitely a budget album, done in a friend's basement studio on ProTools, but the songs are great, the musicians were amazing, and I have few regrets looking back on it. We'll be back in the studio late this fall, so I'm sure I'll be bitching some more later.

But let me know what you think. The other band on there, This Is A Process Of A Still Life, has some amazing stuff to listen to, as well.
...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    if the wireless here at the hotel wasn't seriously slower than a vic20, i'd have a listen. hopefully, i'll remember to when i get back home.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Wow...

One response from someone who couldn't listen.

Huh.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    another who can't listen yet.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Honey, I can't get it either. And for you, I even tried it at home and that's saying a lot. Still nothing. Sorry.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • hey mccready.....Where are you based? Can you give me any info cause i need some music recorded that i got....Maybe we can work something out..... Le_Petomane@hotmail.com
    "Life is too good no matter what the circumstances are"
    Well, last time I checked, my location reads "Missoula, MT" which is quite a ways from Ohio....

<----

Sorry.
  • well i didnt realize you could check out someone's location!

Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    Well, last time I checked, my location reads "Missoula, MT" which is quite a ways from Ohio....

<----

Sorry.
    "Life is too good no matter what the circumstances are"
    Originally posted by Le_Petomane
    well i didnt realize you could check out someone's location!

It's all good, no worries...

And now you know.