Quick note from MIG, and hey NYC...

mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
edited January 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Well, the rest of the recording gear (so far) arrived today, so I'm almost set. The only things I have left to get are mic cables, mic stands, a headphone amp, and the monitors. I'm really looking forward to getting it all plugged in and working.

Alas, it'll have to wait... I'm going to a conference in New York City for a week. It's an Arts Presenters conference (translation: I book concerts and shows). I leave in the morning, and will be there until the 13th. So the studio is on the backburner, and I'm heading for the city.

So, if there are any urgent MIG-related questions, I hope they can wait. I'll try to check in once in a while, but I doubt I'll be putting the usual amount of time into the BBS. After all, am I going to ignore NYC for the BBS? You get the picture.

Anyways, any goodies in the City for a newbie? Clue me in...

Take care, see you soon!

-MIG
...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Just an update...

NYC is great, if a bit cool and off-and-on rainy. But it's better than Montana was when I left. We've seen the sights and a bunch of cool stuff for work, going to Letterman tomorrow and I'm going to try to hit Manny's music store place and there's a Tegan and Sara concert that I might have an inside scoop on. Not to mention a friend of a friend may get me a tour of Sony Studios (fucking awesome).

I'll be back to my normal BBS hours on Friday... see you then!
  • Well, I'm finally back home, got piss-ass drunk last night, slept in my own bed, my kitty is now a cat (I was only gone for 10 days, what the fuck was she eating?) and I'm back on the job.

Hope you're all fine and well... now I gotta go plug in my new toys!
  • Man, I wish I saw this before!

Well, thanks for the travelogue! I haven't been around on line much lately, but I coulda met you up in the city. I've been up there a lot this winter. Oh well. :(

Did you make it to Manny's? I love walking into that place!

And did you get the Falafel in that little hole place in the wall on 33rd street? :D
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

Well, thanks for the travelogue! I haven't been around on line much lately, but I coulda met you up in the city. I've been up there a lot this winter. Oh well. :(

Did you make it to Manny's? I love walking into that place!

And did you get the Falafel in that little hole place in the wall on 33rd street? :D

Hell, Bob, you're the reason I posted this one!

I had about 12 minutes in Manny's, but it's a pretty cool place. It's probably a good thing I didn't get more time... too many pretty toys.

No falafel, but I did get a crack at the Carnegie Deli. Good food everywhere we went, in fact. Lots of great Italian food...