I know I'll take some crap for this...

mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
edited December 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
But I've been here before, so it can't be any worse.

http://www.line6.com/variaxBass/index.html

The promos for this thing are amazing... spend a half-hour listening to this:

http://www.line6.com/variaxBass/demo.html

So, I'll be selling my Fender basses soon. Anyone interested?
...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• im looking to buy a bass soon, as in after the hoildays. what you got and how much you want?
  • have you played one yet? I heard they feel like balsa wood and there is absolutely NO vibrations (feeling) in the guitar. don't know about the bass though. hate to be a downer but I need to FEEL the notes as well as hear 'em. I played our bass player's Modulus 5 string the other night and it was intense the way you could feel the notes in your fret hand. twas cool. but to each his own, it IS a pretty cool concept. peace

http://www.evenflowrocks.com
    www.myspace.com/evenflowrocks

heathen frog psycho number ONE!
  • im looking to buy a bass soon, as in after the hoildays. what you got and how much you want?

I have a Fender P-Bass, deep purple, and a Fender J-Bass, deep red. Both are Mexican standards with hardshell cases. The J-Bass, I'd want $350; the P-Bass, $250.
  • have you played one yet? I heard they feel like balsa wood and there is absolutely NO vibrations (feeling) in the guitar. don't know about the bass though. hate to be a downer but I need to FEEL the notes as well as hear 'em. I played our bass player's Modulus 5 string the other night and it was intense the way you could feel the notes in your fret hand. twas cool. but to each his own, it IS a pretty cool concept. peace

I own and regularly play a Variax 500 guitar. It doesn't feel as substantial as a Les Paul, but it feels better than most Japanese Fenders... about equivalent to a Mexican Strat. And the sounds really are there.

The demos have me sold on the bass... I've always wanted a variety of bass sounds available, like a 70's Rickenbacker, a 60's P-Bass, a 60's J-Bass, a pre-Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray, a Modulus, a fretless... but I'm not really a bass player, so it makes little sense to have $9,000 in bass guitars that I'll never really use outside a jam session or recording studio.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i think it's a good idea man if your experience with the variax guitar has been acceptable.

i have no need for the variax's since i have all my bases covered guitar and bass-wise but i want to bronze my two pod XTs. damn i love them.
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    I own and regularly play a Variax 500 guitar. It doesn't feel as substantial as a Les Paul, but it feels better than most Japanese Fenders... about equivalent to a Mexican Strat. And the sounds really are there.

The demos have me sold on the bass... I've always wanted a variety of bass sounds available, like a 70's Rickenbacker, a 60's P-Bass, a 60's J-Bass, a pre-Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray, a Modulus, a fretless... but I'm not really a bass player, so it makes little sense to have $9,000 in bass guitars that I'll never really use outside a jam session or recording studio.

If it lives up to its claim and the demos on its site is true sound, then you'll have a hell've all in one multi-bass sound at your fingertips. This is absolutely not a bad deal and as you said, it's mostly for jam sessions and recording studio use. If your already comfortable with that instrument line go for it.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.