Peavey Appreciation Thread

mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
edited June 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Well, it's about time someone did it...

My name is MIG, and my first electric guitar was a Peavey Raptor. I have also owned a Peavey 1x12" cabinet, a Peavey 2x12" cabinet, a couple Peavey 4-channel PA heads (one used as a guitar amp!!!), and a Peavey PA monitor. My favorite solid-state amp ever is the Peavey Bandit series, from the old-school Bandit 65's to the new TransTube Bandit II's. And much love for the Classic and Delta Blues tube amps. Just today, I played a Peavey Predator HSS thru a Bandit 65 at a pawn shop, and was pleased at how most musicians won't give you a second look...

So everyone, fess up... there's a part of you that likes Peavey too! Or there's a few Peavey skeletons in your closet, at least...
...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 3manstack3manstack Posts: 205
    Nearly a year using the classic 50 combo and everyday day I love it that little bit more.

Also Stone used the classic 50 head back in the day I think.

Peavey are appreciated
  • My first bass was a Peavey Axcelerator Plus. I still own it, and there are many days where I prefer to play this instead of my '62 reissue Jazz Bass. A friend of mine owns a classic 50 head, and I'd buy it in a second if he put it up for sale.

I also love Peavey T-40 basses (have been lookin for the perfect one for about a year now), and T-60 guitars. The guy I record with has two T-60's and I fine myself picking those up 9 times out of 10 to cut a track.

Peavey is extremely underated, and its all because of the name!
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    The 2x10 Delta Blues is awesome.

I'm still playing my 93 USA Predator.

I've got a Basic 50 as my clean amp at the moment.

I kind of wish peavey would come out with a custom line and see what they can get out of thier better designs.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • i love my Peavey Delta Blues
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • who's_pearljam?who's_pearljam? Posts: 2,104
    I had a Peavey Renown 400 once. Somebody gave it to me. Pretty good for clean, like a Roland JC 120. I gave it to Ben Vaughn. He lives in California now, but travels back to the east coast every once in a while, so he doesn't have to lug his around.

I appreciated it! I never really played on tour with it, but it kept me in good shape just moving that thing around the house!
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart