Oh Dear Mom, can you see me now!! RIP 12/1/2023 - Release for Mom Philly Night 2

dshaff00dshaff00 Posts: 1
edited September 4 in The Porch
I began my sobriety on August 15th 2022 at the age of 41. Little did I know it would be the best decision I ever made that prepared me for the biggest and hardest challenge of my life. I celebrated my 1 year Soberversary on August 15th 2023 while in the ICU visiting my Mom. She became extremely ill and was intubated on August 28th 2023. I spent every day and night with her for 15 hours a day until she eventually passed away on December 1st 2023. Just Breathe became our song through these challenging months. My mom was my best friend and biggest fan. She knew how much I loved Pearl Jam and would let me lock myself in the room as a young teenager in the 90s while blasting the first 5 albums with no problem. I was the youngest of 3 and although she never said, I know I was her favorite. We had a special bond! I miss her very much!

I tell this story because it would also mean the world to me if you could acknowledge my mom on 9/9/2024 at the Philly show, night 2. I will be in attendance and to hear the song Release and substituting "Oh Dear Dad" with "Oh Dear Mom" would be incredibly special. I know her presence will be felt and it would mean everything to me. Just Breath Eddie Solo would also be amazing. I would not be able to fight back the tears and it would bring back so much emotion but would be a great tribute to the most amazing woman I've ever known and love.

My name is Dan Shaffer but more importantly, my mother's name is Ellen Shaffer! Almost a year later since her passing, I just celebrated my 2 year Soberversary, got a great new job and a great new condo on a lake in Fort Lauderdale. "Oh Dear Mom, can you see me now!"  RIP I love you!!
Post edited by dshaff00 on

Comments

• OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,394
    Bump for Dan
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • gibbitsgibbits Posts: 507
    Congrats on your sobriety, I hope you are proud of the challenges you have overcome and use that strength to face down future issues with grace.