Saw some nice gear tonight

mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
edited September 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
L Acoustic V-DOSC main PA with Rat subs. Front of house is a Yamaha PM5D. Monitors is a Midas Heritage 3000. Sounded fuckin' killer.

Big difference: The entire band was on in-ears. Ed had his monitors, too, and looked like Matt had at least a subwoofer behind him, but Stone, Mike and Jeff didn't have any monitors at all.

Mike has a Keeley Blues Driver and Tubescreamer, plus the Line 6 Delay and Modulator, a RotoSphere, the Boss DM. Stone had the Sonic Distortion again. Ed had 2 vintage Fender tweed Deluxes. Stone had three newer Strats that I hadn't seen, and Ed was playing a couple Tele's with regular bridge pups and P-90's in the neck. Jeff has switched to Ampeg 6x10 cabs, but is otherwise pretty much the same. Matt's got a Yamaha birch kit.

I'm just pissed the show won't be released. Anxiously awaiting a bootleg...
...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    L Acoustic V-DOSC main PA with Rat subs. Front of house is a Yamaha PM5D. Monitors is a Midas Heritage 3000. Sounded fuckin' killer.

Big difference: The entire band was on in-ears. Ed had his monitors, too, and looked like Matt had at least a subwoofer behind him, but Stone, Mike and Jeff didn't have any monitors at all.

Mike has a Keeley Blues Driver and Tubescreamer, plus the Line 6 Delay and Modulator, a RotoSphere, the Boss DM. Stone had the Sonic Distortion again. Ed had 2 vintage Fender tweed Deluxes. Stone had three newer Strats that I hadn't seen, and Ed was playing a couple Tele's with regular bridge pups and P-90's in the neck. Jeff has switched to Ampeg 6x10 cabs, but is otherwise pretty much the same. Matt's got a Yamaha birch kit.

Awesome. new stuff.

I wish thier comments on new albums stayed as fresh as their gear. I could write the newsletters.

I think this is my last year in the fan club. I still love PJ but the fan club just offers me nothing. "The tour is coming up soon" "The new album is rocking" Rinse Lather Repeat.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Lukin_ozLukin_oz Posts: 257

Man theyve held out on the in-ear monitors for longer than most... sounds like a wicked show... Im looking forward to a full run down of their new amps, guitars, effects etc for this tour... i know mike especially wont dissappoint!
    Those who dance are called insane by those who dont hear the music
  • i dont care for in-ear ... i tried it once, but i like hearing it from the monitors better
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • Well the fan club has some lame newsletters, the ticket priority is priceless. I would be sitting in the upper deck in london, or paying 150 per ticket on ebey for decent seats had I not been in the fan club. I won't quit just for that reason. I agree we wait all year for these news letters and they tell us nothing new. There needs to be some cool info in them, or some cool pearl jam guitar pics or something.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    More info:

Mike had his Marshall Plexi and the Trentino. One of his Marshall cabs is new. Stone was playing thru a pair of Peavey Delta Blues 2x10 amps, stock speakers but E/H pre tubes and JJ power tubes. Ed's two tweeds were at the drum riser, tilted back a la Bruce Springsteen. He had a Gibson Echoplex for vocal effects, not sure if he used it last night. Mike has his two 50's strats, a Tele, the SG Jr., a couple LP's (including the '58), a Taylor 6 and a Taylor 12, the Silver Jet and a hollowbody Gretch, and a 335. Jeff had his P-basses, the Alvarez, the Ovation, his 12-string, his fretlesses. Jeff has a Fulltone 70's and a Fulldrive on his board in addition to the MXR 15-bands and a 7-band. Ed has a new uke, it's fuckin' sweet. He's also got a J-200 with some sort of electromagnetic pickup and two knobs (V & T) on the face, similar to the J-160E, and an orchestra-body vintage Martin, not the all-mahogany, this one had a spruce top.

Sonic Reducer was on the setlist, but was not played.
  • More info:

Mike had his Marshall Plexi and the Trentino. One of his Marshall cabs is new. Stone was playing thru a pair of Peavey Delta Blues 2x10 amps, stock speakers but E/H pre tubes and JJ power tubes. Ed's two tweeds were at the drum riser, tilted back a la Bruce Springsteen. He had a Gibson Echoplex for vocal effects, not sure if he used it last night. Mike has his two 50's strats, a Tele, the SG Jr., a couple LP's (including the '58), a Taylor 6 and a Taylor 12, the Silver Jet and a hollowbody Gretch, and a 335. Jeff had his P-basses, the Alvarez, the Ovation, his 12-string, his fretlesses. Jeff has a Fulltone 70's and a Fulldrive on his board in addition to the MXR 15-bands and a 7-band. Ed has a new uke, it's fuckin' sweet. He's also got a J-200 with some sort of electromagnetic pickup and two knobs (V & T) on the face, similar to the J-160E, and an orchestra-body vintage Martin, not the all-mahogany, this one had a spruce top.

he's back to the plexi? niceness
    too bad he wasnt using his matchless though that would be a sweet setup...matchless and a plexi...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • the unseenthe unseen Posts: 372
    this last letter mentioned they were gonna switch to a fanzine style next time out,maybe this will be more informative than what they put out now.

hell,a couple of the newsletters i cant even read because the colour of the print blends into the background so much.

but i'm in the club for the tickets more than anything.
  • More info:

Stones back to the Peaveys!!!!!!
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    Awesome. new stuff.

I wish thier comments on new albums stayed as fresh as their gear. I could write the newsletters.

I think this is my last year in the fan club. I still love PJ but the fan club just offers me nothing. "The tour is coming up soon" "The new album is rocking" Rinse Lather Repeat.

Great! Whats your ten club number. Hopes its lower then mine, so I move up the chain a little better!

I won't be dropping out of the ten club, and I appreciate all that due drop out of the Ten Club. Especially the ones that have a lower # then myself!!!
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • On one of the pix from George there's a black Rickenbacker (beside Ed). What song was it used for? Man Of The Hour? Maybe?
  • vladjusha wrote:
    On one of the pix from George there's a black Rickenbacker (beside Ed). What song was it used for? Man Of The Hour? Maybe?

Ed played the Ric a lot that night (I was at that show, too). He played it and the J-200 for the entire first set, and played it off and on the rest of the night. He has a second Ric that's been converted to Uke-itar, and a third that's a 12-string. He did use the 6-string Ric on MOTH, yes.
  • Ed played the Ric a lot that night (I was at that show, too). He played it and the J-200 for the entire first set, and played it off and on the rest of the night. He has a second Ric that's been converted to Uke-itar, and a third that's a 12-string. He did use the 6-string Ric on MOTH, yes.

MIG i was at that show too

the tone mike was using for his solos during I Believe In Miracles was the KBD-2 right?