Still holding out hope for PJ20 bootlegs….

So this being the 13 anniversary of night 1 of PJ20 (still probably the favorite of my 13 shows that I have seen), I’m listening to an audience recording from that night, and remembering just how great of a night that was. 

That was my second show, but the first time I heard Release live (and Faithful, RVM, Porch, Breath and a scream). I still remember getting chills during Release. This was the show that made me appreciate that a PJ show is something altogether different once you’ve experienced one yourself.

Someday I’m hoping to have a proper bootleg for this show but for now the fair audio quality of the recording I have will do.
Tagged:

Comments

• PSUS2HPSUS2H Posts: 2,151
    crober72 said:
    So this being the 13 anniversary of night 1 of PJ20 (still probably the favorite of my 13 shows that I have seen), I’m listening to an audience recording from that night, and remembering just how great of a night that was. 

That was my second show, but the first time I heard Release live (and Faithful, RVM, Porch, Breath and a scream). I still remember getting chills during Release. This was the show that made me appreciate that a PJ show is something altogether different once you’ve experienced one yourself.

Someday I’m hoping to have a proper bootleg for this show but for now the fair audio quality of the recording I have will do.
    Its truly bizarre that a weekend this massive has not been released. My only non-commercially released show was from Sept 2005 when they boys opened for the Rolling Stones in Pittsburgh, PA. 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 || Chicago, IL August 29, 2024 
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Posts: 3,411
    They’re not releasing them
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,763
    They’re not releasing them