Is Greg Mackie a genius?

mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
edited February 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
Or is he just smoking crack?

http://www.mackie.com/products/hotwire/

I can't decide. It could be cooler than the Line 6 SpiderValve, or it could be as lame as the Behringer V-Amps.

I need more info. And a test drive.
...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    interesting concept, the weight is definitely impressive. i know mackie has a good reputation, but i think $1500 is a bit pricey.

let us know what you think once you have the test drive!
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    yeah, saw that in sweetwater. I'm unsure of that at this point.

I just know I love his active speakers at this point so I have high hopes, at the same time... I'm completely biased towards ancient technology and for the most part I'm really only looking for a specific sound in an amp. It's nearly impossible to do everything perfectly... but I'll give it a whirl when I see one definately.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • IDgotIIDgotI Posts: 262
    If anyone gets a chance to play one of these, please be sure to post. I'm really curious to find out if this is a hit or a miss. Mackie has hit a few home runs in their day, and rarely produce a full on stinker.
  • Haven't been impressed with anything so far. I'll believe it when I see it. Well hear it.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
    His company was stupid enough to hire my ex-husband, twice, so I would say no.

If the saudering goes bad - that's why.

Of course, I'm slightly biased. :rolleyes:
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.