Update from an absentee poster...

mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
edited December 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
What. I have a life. Occasionally.

Got rid of almost all the Tele's. Damn. The Strat-o-Tele was the hardest to let go, but I guess I never got into the PU's. Needed the Fralin Blues instead.

Down to my goldtop Epiphone LP, the Tele Deluxe w/ P-90's, and the old Dan-O, plus my Art & Lutherie parlor acoustic, which went away and then came back to me.

Also sold my little Fender Musicmaster Bass amp, the lil' tube job that I had christened "Mini-Boogie." Still have the Vibro Champ (and I fear the day I'd ever feel like selling that one), a pair of Sovtek Mig 50's (one in great shape, the other not so good), and an early SF Fender Bassman (6 knobs, like God and Leo intended). A Marshall 4x10, a Weber alnico-loaded 4x10, and an Eminence-loaded franken-2x12.

And a mo-fo'ing PODxt Live. That's right, I have a Pod.

Which raises a question for the better-informed than me: Can I get an expression pedal for this thing that ain't a piece of overpriced plastic shit? I want Ernie Ball volume pedal quality, not the Fisher-Price EX-1 that Line 6 is hawking.

Hmm. Getting married. Great woman. Keeps me from buying gear, but hey, she did let me get the POD.

About to graduate from college. Don't ask me how long I've been here. I don't even remember anymore. Let's just say we referred to the PJ forum as a "BBS" back then. Anybody? Anybody?

Moving to Seattle in May, or sometime thereafter. Dunno. Might be hard to find good work, but you gotta take that leap sometime, right?

Speaking of leaps, I'm planning on recording MYSELF for the first time in a long time. I've engineered/mixed three albums so far, have another 2 albums about 90% there, and two more lined up for the next month or two, but I'm going to actually take a week and record my own stuff. We'll see if any of it is usable, or worth sharing.

Anyways... wanted to check in here and say hey, good to see some familiar names out there (Pac, Ex). Good to see some folks still lecturing the newbies around here.

Merry Christmas, or Happy Whateverthehellyoucelebrate. Peace in the new year.

-MIG
...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Hi man, trade her in while you still can. You need a wife like mine, who not only encourages me to buy gear, but won't let me buy cheap shit and usually picks the most expensive thing in teh store. Of course I still have to pay for it. Sounds like you sold all your good gear though and kept the ordinary stuff. I have a new rule, never sell anything !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Music is not a competetion.
  • That's awesome man! Great to hear from you, glad everything with you is going good. Seattle will be amazing for you. I want to move there too eventually, maybe in my next life.

As for BBS...yeah that's how long I've been here too, back since 2003. So your on the 4 year plan :)
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore