Fender designed a new amp worth looking at

mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
edited January 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=2152000000

and

http://www.fender.com/products/princeton/

I've been saying for years that Fender should just swap a tubescreamer clone into the Hot Rod amps' drive channel. Looks like they finally tried the idea out, sort of...
...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i'm sort of interested in it though i'd probably never use the internal effects unless by some miracle of nature i'm not running any pedals in front. otherwise, they're in the wrong spot.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    looks cool. I still haven't seen or been able to play one just yet, it's a cool idea anyway. I've heard that some people do like them.

For the money though I can get an Allen Sweetspot, and lug my own efx. Some people hate stomp boxes though and I guess the footswitch is simpler.

The HRD would be awesome if they would just build in two tubescreamer circuits into the drive channels.. drive and then cascade that into more drive...

I think if I got to design one...that's what I'd do.

Good to see you around again MIG.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    For the money though I can get an Allen Sweetspot, and lug my own efx. Some people hate stomp boxes though and I guess the footswitch is simpler.

For about the same money you can get this lil' gem:

http://cgi.ebay.com/58-Fender-Tweed-Princeton-just-serviced-and-ready_W0QQitemZ190067567890QQihZ009QQcategoryZ38074QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

For $5 more, you can buy a brand-new Deluxe Reverb RI ($800), Maxon OD-808 ($135), and an MXR DynaComp ($70). You get essentially the same effects, 2 more watts, and 2 more inches of speaker.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    don't teese me.

Clark Beaufort is in that range too.

at some point I wish I just had a victoria reverberato, then I could have any tweed I want with plug and play tube reverb and tremolo.

Then I have that little voice in my head that says....stop gear hunting and start playing better....:D
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • MishralMishral Posts: 211
    I will sure try one out as soon it arrives here.
    "The things you own will end up owning you"
  • Pacomc79 wrote:

Then I have that little voice in my head that says....stop gear hunting and start playing better....:D

I know what you mean. If I spent as much time practicing as I do on ebay I'd be touring right now.
  • senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    Pacomc79 wrote:

HAHA!

I feel the same way!

Gear is addicting though!

I really need to learn to play! :p