INDIFFERENCE… PLEASE!!!!

It’s time to show indifference some love! Is it me or would it make a killer opener (!!!!!!) or closer at MSG! It’s been a minute since it’s been played!
please oh please oh please play it!

Comments

• wikiszalwikiszal Posts: 11
    Yessss!! They’re yet to play it this year! I would love to hear it at the NY shows 
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,812
    I support this, OP please also bump my thread

power in numbers 🤙

Release to start
    indifference to close

fuckin up prior to indifference even better 😎
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,341
    Yes
  • soph189soph189 Posts: 345
    Bump. Indifference pleaseeee 🫶🏻
  • PJ4EVZPJ4EVZ Posts: 36
    👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
  • Hoping they play it the first night as the closer.  I dread hearing YL and RITFW because I know that means it's the end of the show. This would be a satisfying surprise and nice way to close. 
    well, fuckers, he still stands
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,948
    I could take it or leave it.

See what I did there?
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
    🤭🤭 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,547
    Hoping they play it the first night as the closer.  I dread hearing YL and RITFW because I know that means it's the end of the show. This would be a satisfying surprise and nice way to close. 

Ironic because Indifference used to be one of their go to closers. They closed out MSG1 2016 with it. Worked very  well, better than Baba, Setting or RITFW IMO. Covers and new tunes are strange closers. Maybe song before but not the last one.

YL to me is the best closer by any band of all time. Strange PJ don’t see it that way. I’ve followed tons of bands and often think “yeah I get that” but almost never with PJ.
  • KN219077KN219077 Posts: 1,081
    I still haven’t seen Yellow Ledbetter but have gotten two indifference closers , weird
  • soph189soph189 Posts: 345
    Bump
    Hoping they play it the first night as the closer.  I dread hearing YL and RITFW because I know that means it's the end of the show. This would be a satisfying surprise and nice way to close. 

Ironic because Indifference used to be one of their go to closers. They closed out MSG1 2016 with it. Worked very  well, better than Baba, Setting or RITFW IMO. Covers and new tunes are strange closers. Maybe song before but not the last one.

YL to me is the best closer by any band of all time. Strange PJ don’t see it that way. I’ve followed tons of bands and often think “yeah I get that” but almost never with PJ.
    I’d love to know why indifference has disappeared. Very weird. YL is one the best closers along with 40 by u2. However, I’d love if they opened with it one show to really fuck shit up. 
  • Opened with it in St. Paul last year and it was awesome. 
    👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • KN219077KN219077 Posts: 1,081
    Opened with it in St. Paul last year and it was awesome. 
    Would make a much better opener than a closer. I bet that was cool and surprising 
  • nicknyr15 said:

I’d love to know why indifference has disappeared. Very weird. YL is one the best closers along with 40 by u2. However, I’d love if they opened with it one show to really fuck shit up. 
    Exactly!  That would make me laugh so hard if they did it as an opener. I absolutely love YL. How unpredictable that would be!  I hope somebody with that kind of decision-making power is reading this. 
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,547
    nicknyr15 said:

Exactly!  That would make me laugh so hard if they did it as an opener. I absolutely love YL. How unpredictable that would be!  I hope somebody with that kind of decision-making power is reading this. 
    Haha, I’d get confused, grab my jacket and head for Penn.
    nicknyr15 said:

Haha, I’d get confused, grab my jacket and head for Penn.
    😂😂😂
    nicknyr15 said:

It would certainly be an epic way to start 
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,763
    wikiszal said:
    Yessss!! They’re yet to play it this year! I would love to hear it at the NY shows 

This is shocking. LOVE this one.
    🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
  • wikiszalwikiszal Posts: 11
    Aw man, left during Baba. Missed Indifference, didn’t even hear it while exiting. Hopefully they show the song some more love and play it at one of the upcoming shows!! But what an epic setlist for night 1, hope everyone had a blast!
  • TenJamsTenJams Posts: 30
    Requested and delivered!

hope it was satisfying.  Love it 
  • kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 725
    KN219077 said:
    I still haven’t seen Yellow Ledbetter but have gotten two indifference closers , weird
    Last night was my 3rd Indifference closer out of 7 shows. I’ve only ever gotten YLB once, 24 years ago. It was also my 3rd Satan’s Bed which I’m made to believe is higher than average.
  • Woo-hoo! Such a beautiful way to end the evening. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,703
    edited September 4
    kmcmanus said:
    KN219077 said:
    Last night was my 3rd Indifference closer out of 7 shows. I’ve only ever gotten YLB once, 24 years ago. It was also my 3rd Satan’s Bed which I’m made to believe is higher than average.
    that is odd...

I just completed my 32nd show and I have only had it for one show as a closer
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • kmcmanus said:
    KN219077 said:
    Yes, that does seem strange. I guess it is all perspective. This is why I feel like I always hear YL or RITFW. 
  • bootlegbootleg Posts: 675
    kmcmanus said:
    KN219077 said:
    that is odd...

I just completed my 32nd show and I have only had it for one show as a closer
    Baltimore will be my 30th show, and I’ve never heard it once.
  • AnnieHewAnnieHew Posts: 45
    Don't be mad when I come on here begging for this song come the next tour. How it's my white whale, I don't know, but here we are. Since this post seemed to work, I'm going to shoot my shot! 
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,763
    Yeah! About time.