Options

how in the hell do you play the main riff in Do the Evolution

Mike's CousinMike's Cousin Posts: 21
edited January 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
i have the tab from giventowail, but I can't get it to sound right. After the first chord, you're supposed to pick single notes at the 8th and 10th frets on the A and E strings. To me, those don't sound like single notes. Does anybody know what I'm talking about?
Makes much more sense
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Yeah I know what you mean . . . but I think the tab is correct. If you have a wah wah pedal kick it in half cocked to emulate the tone. I'm pretty sure they are single notes though. The sound on the album is probably achieved through more and superior equipment.
    Whips of your opinion down my back give me more

Jeff Buckley
  • Options
    you kind of have to strum all the strings with the beat while you finger the notes... i know that kinda sounds weird but thats how they do it. so just keep strumming the quarter beat with your right hand while you play the notes and try to mute the other strings you arent playin on with your left hand. i know this sounds kinda weird again but i hope it helps.
  • Options
    dr teethdr teeth Posts: 115
    the raw sound is coming from hittting the botton e and b and g strings.you do play single notes while keeping those strings open.while you're playing the single notes mute the string right below the one you're playing.
    jeter drinks wine coolers
  • Options
    Just gain it out. Seriously my dad said the same thing "theres now ay thats single notes" but I think it is just super distorted.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • Options
    Originally posted by MissYouAllDay
    Just gain it out. Seriously my dad said the same thing "theres now ay thats single notes" but I think it is just super distorted.

yeah, just drive the shit out of it. I just put as much gain and overdrive as I can through my shitty solid state amp and added a little reverb. It wasn't the exact tone, but the thickness was there and it was close enough to pull it off.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln