How 'bout a pseudo band? Anyone interested?

clarkkentclarkkent Posts: 51
edited April 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
I live in a small town, and given my lack of potential bandmates in the area, I am looking to start a pseudo band. I play guitar and write some songs/lyrics, but I am no singer and my songs could use a little help, lyrically, structurally, and metaphysically. I know its not nearly the same as jamming with a group, but I miss the collaborative musical relationships I have had in the past. So, if someone out there was a singer/songwriter/guitarist that would like to collaborate on songs by sending them back and forth via mp3, send me a PM and let me know if you are interested. I am no musical genius, but I've got lots of drive, and I'll keep the music coming. Also, if someone plays bass or drums and wants to add their prospective parts, that would be cool too. Think of it as Eddie coming across Stone and Jeff's demo tape, except without all of that excessive talent. Or Jeff's amazing bass. Or Stone's era-defining riffs. Or Matt Cameron's legendary drums. Or Ed's voice.

My musical interests/influences include Pearl Jam (of course), The Beatles (I like my rock and roll with a little harmony), Weezer (Pinkerton-era especially), Counting Crows (Recovering the Satellites), Radiohead (The Bends and Ok Computer are sweet), Guster (A little humor goes a long way), Sigur Ros (Best Icelandic band since the last one), and extremely bass heavy West Coast Gansta Rap created during the epic period from 1991 to 1992.

If you're interested, send me a message, and we'll see what happens with this internet pseudo band.

Until then, rock on, and keep the faith, my friend. Keep the faith.
tank you veddy much
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• you haven't got any replies yet which is a shame, i don't play guitar or sing very well but i can play drums although i'm sure there are better drummers. i would be more then happy to write up some lyrics and other people can take care of the rest. this would be sweet "the porch" we could call ourselves! :)
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    I'm in. I play guitar and have some solo stuff I have recorded over the past few months. They are nothing fancy, just a few ideas I was finally able to get out of my head. How would you be recording the stuff?
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • ExodusExodus Posts: 212
    yes, how would the recording/sending be done?
    i am interested
    Between the conception and the creation

Between the emotion and the response

Falls the shadow.
  • so who is going to organise this? clark considering that your thought up the idea? i'm happy for you to use my lyrics or someone elses whatever really. it is heavily spirtual but if you want to use my last piece of writing be my guest. keep me up to date! :) perhaps you guys will have to pick the best lead guitar, best rhythm, drummer etc; that wants to be involved.

prophets of old
    spoke of this day
    how these chains would be freed
    this bondage loosened

i saw him walk on water
    but he couldn't stop
    herod's hateful spear
    from plunging into his fragile side

the world is at war
    waterloo and armageddon are at hand
    that snake taking of the fruit
    his blood cries out from the ground

his merchants with their worthless laws
    keep the chains wrapped around
    their halos now choking them
    their prayers of pride
    now condeming them

i was never the one whom he loved
    he told me that bird would laugh at me
    that simple fisherman this day
    shall be a hero today
    or at least i thought so

how could you be up on that tree
    don't you see what i gave up
    with that apple did i choke on a lie?
    where are the legions to save my soul?

i caught fish
    and he caught men
    but who will catch them?
    his body broken like that of unleavened bread
    blood and water like darkness and light
    i wasen't there for him
    it was me who put that spear that spear into his side
    i hear my voice calling out mocking him so

like napoelon
    i can't see past the fosty haze
    how could blood free me
    snatching victory from the jaws of defeat
    Lord never again shall I leave your side
    The wind is blowing cold

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • nfmessiahnfmessiah Posts: 58
    I can add keyboards/organ/piano if you need it. i'll leave the guitars to those with better equipment :)
    once dissolved we are free to grow...
    Originally posted by nfmessiah
    I can add keyboards/organ/piano if you need it. i'll leave the guitars to those with better equipment :)

I can add either guitar or synth
  • clarkkentclarkkent Posts: 51
    Well. I checked this thread a while after I made it, and no one had responded. Then I went and had a busy weekend, I come back, and here we are. Cool.

I thought the sending of the files could be done via messenger services, such as MSN and others, as e-mail normally doesn't allow such large files to be sent.

Send me a private message here to let me know if you are interested, as I would be excited to get the ball rolling. I see many multi-instrumentalists here, which could make a cool sound.

My aol screenname is derajatrawk if you would like to exchange some riffs.

Otherwise, we can start assigning roles in the band.

How do you think we should start, with the basic riff, and then adding percussion, or percussion first?
    tank you veddy much
    We have a drummer/percussionist?
  • clarkkentclarkkent Posts: 51
    a Suprise left said he had drumming abilities.........

I have some pots and pans.......
    tank you veddy much
  • i can play the drums but i am certainly not matt cameron, happy for anyone else to take that role! actually my housemate does some preddy cool effects on his comp (with trance and the like) we could incorporate them.
    The wind is blowing cold

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • I could sing for you guys as well as do lyrics and guitar. I'm no 'Cready though.
    I'm not too concerned with PJ20, because I celebrate the band's existence every year.