Conquering Yellow Led Better.

gotz idgotz id Posts: 125
edited June 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
I think its about time I give it a try! I have some ideas on how to really nail it. I thought I'd as you more experienced folks what you think about it.

So far i've figured that the chord structure for the song is E - B - A -E .. correctomundo? I figure the best way to conquer it is to learn that chord structure in bar chords rather than the standard ones... riiight?

So.. I can almost get the begining down, and I think when i finally do that the rest of the song will kinda fallow through (minus the solo ofcourse)...

ok.. I'm going back to work on it!
I wish I was the 10Club holiday single, the one that never showed up...

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• good luck, its a really fun song to play, the kind of song where once you understand it, you can improv within the structure and have fun with it.
    knowledge is a tree
    it's growing up just like me.
  • I found the closeups during "Live at the Garden" to be most helpful. Shows exactly where on the fretboard Mike is doing all the noodling.
    hate was just a legend
  • it's really not near as tough as it sounds. You're right about E B A E structure. Just play that and work from there, you'll have it in no time.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV