Z. Vex Pedals

DirtLikeMeDirtLikeMe Posts: 91
edited April 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
What does the board think about the zvex pedals? I am always curious to hear your thoughts and experiences with guitar gadgets.

The "Machine" pedal sounds really sweet with a fuzz. In fact, I wouldn't mind taking an armful .... wait, a truckload of his pedals and running off.

http://www.zvex.com/effects.html
And if hope could grow from dirt like me, it can be done
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i have a fuzz factory. it's nice but it's a niche pedal due to it's extreme nature. but it's a great sound in moderation.
  • Do you think they are worth the price?
    And if hope could grow from dirt like me, it can be done
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    for me personally, no.

for other people, he may make something that is absolutely perfect for them and therefore, the price isn't too high.

but beyond the fuzz, i don't have any application for his other stuff. and i waited until i found a good deal on the fuzz.

he's a great guy though as far as supporting his product and trying to push the limits of pedal design.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    they are cool as fuck, and tons of cool sounds can be had.

I have not as of yet, been able to justify the price to myself of an SHO or an Octane 3 I tried.

The Fuzz Factory is one pedal that is probably justified, it's incredibly flexible and just balls out fun.

I love the SD 2 in 1 as well. Tons of other peoples effects are moddeled after some of the stuff that Z does. Some think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread others don't, but he's a super nice guy.

The machine is very interesting in how it reacts, especially with other pedals.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.