Keepin' Tabs on Guitar Players

DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
edited December 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Sunday December 26, 2004 4:00AM PT

Whether you scored a brand new guitar from Santa or have a battle-scarred axe you've toted around for years, searches for guitar tabs are always hot in late December. Up 18% over the last week, queries on tabs are mostly a guy thing -- two-thirds of searches are from dudes. Queries on "free guitar tabs" and "how to read guitar tabs" are helping to turn the volume to eleven. But which musicians are you looking to for inspiration? We know there's someone out there fretting over the chords to "Free Bird," but these are the top tab searches over the last week:

Metallica Tabs
Pantera Tabs
John Mayer Tabs
Green Day Tabs
Nirvana Tabs
Beatles Tabs
Ryan Cabrera Tabs
Jack Johnson Tabs
Dashboard Confessional Tabs
Led Zeppelin Tabs

http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzz_log/entry/2004/12/26/0400/

What, no Pearl Jam? ;) Rather than think this means no one is looking for PJ tabs, I'll take the position that it means everyone knows where to get 'em....:D

ds
And no one sings me lullabyes
And no one makes me close my eyes
So I throw the windows wide
And call to you across the sky....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i always thought that someone looking for green day and nirvana (etc) tabs was hilarious.

i figured out floyd the barber and about a girl 1 week into playing guitar (long ago). ive never looked a tab up for such a simple band :)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • parchyparchy Posts: 205
    Ryan Cabrera??????
    Make Movies. Don't make Videos. Videos are evil.
  • samicksamick Posts: 373
    i always thought that someone looking for green day and nirvana (etc) tabs was hilarious.

i figured out floyd the barber and about a girl 1 week into playing guitar (long ago). ive never looked a tab up for such a simple band :)

I've never cared about either band enough to look them up