My new piano arrived today

justamjustam Posts: 21,408
edited January 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I'm totally entranced and in love.

I can tell it'll be hard to stay away from it!!
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• That's tremendous! Congratulations, Justam! :D

I love the piano. There's nothing like the sound of a nice piano echoing through the house.

What did you get?

One of the things I would love to do when I get that ride in a time machine would be to go back and stick with piano lessons from when I was 5. I remember banging on that thing for like 5 years, then I never stuck with it. I ended up taking up the guitar.
    Well, the guitar made me a living for about 20 years, so I can't complain, and the piano is what made me know what those little note thingys are, and time signatures and clefs and all those strange and wonderous things that a lot of guitar players don't read.

Excellent news Justam! You deserve it! :cool:
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

It's a grand (5'10'') and it has the most beautiful tone and double-escapement action (which is a fancy way of saying that the keys can be replayed without coming all the way up first) so it feels really good when you play something extra light or quick.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • A grand!

I have an old Victorian house in the city now. One room is big enough for a grand, and I would LOVE to have one but it'll never fit through the doorways! They built big houses in the 1880's but the doors were pretty skinny!

And I actually know what double-escapement action is! :D A friend of mine fixes and tunes and rebuilds pianos, and i know not to come help when he's moving one!

What brand?

I'm a home inspector now. I check out houses for people, and it's physically impossible to walk by a grand piano in someone's house without plunking some tunes on it, so you as a player must be in total heaven! :)
    Be kind, man

They take the legs off when they move them into a house so unless the door is abnormally narrow, you can still get it in easier than an upright.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Boston! :cool:

That's a beautiful piano! A Steinway.

Yup, I know the legs come off, but it's that turn from the hall to the front parlor and the lack of roometh thereof! :D
    Yup,,,,,, I know how to buy a goofy house! I put my music studio on the third floor, too. Seems cool until you start hauling amps up the stairs,, but the view's great!

Well, Justam,,,Congratulations again, and I wish you many many years of happiness with your new grand! And I'm sure a lot of other people are going to be happy listening to it, too! :cool:
    Be kind, man

I think you put some pictures of your house up when you first bought it (at TAB maybe?) and I remember how lovely the mantel looked and the wood trim and floors. :)

I like that kind of house. I grew up in a Victorian in SF. They are so charming and worth the quirkiness!! :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • justam wrote:

I like that kind of house. I grew up in a Victorian in SF. They are so charming and worth the quirkiness!! :)

That's right, I DID put pics up! That's how I met VV from England, because she has one, too! Friends since! I even used some of her color suggestions.
    I'm sitting by that fireplace right now!

Yeah, quirky it is, and that's what I like.
    When the door sticks in the frame and you have to force yourself out of the bathroom, that's a FEATURE,,,,

NOT a problem! :D

Well, it's great to see you, Justam! Good night.
    Time for my lullaby on the Boston! :)
    Be kind, man
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Fantastic, my ex GF songwriting buddy of mine has a beautiful 85 or so year old steinway in her parents house. It sounds like heaven. Glad you love yours. Enjoy.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    ahh , i play piano too, someone please tell me some pj music to play on it!
  • justam wrote:
    I'm totally entranced and in love.

I can tell it'll be hard to stay away from it!!

is a sick day or two in the future?

congrats on the new toy.
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    HUGE congrats justam! i know how much you were looking forward to this, and rightly so...ENJOY! :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    yeah congratulations... I love to play piano.

I am enjoying my new keyboard as a substitute, but I will get a piano someday. That is a nice one you have for sure.

I like to play Black and Long Road on piano.
    There's No Code.
  • Piano, sound so beautiful, I just recently started playing on this cheap Yamaha keyboard I bought. Have to start somewhere hopefully one day I'll be talented enough to tackle a real piano.
    "i wanna rock and roll **all night**, and part of everyday"
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Thanks for caring enough to respond! :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&