Question about GA tickets

Going to Philly on Sept 7, and lucky enough to get some GA PIT tickets for this show.  Never been in the GA floor before (for PJ), and going with my wife.  Do people start lining up a day in advance to try and get on the rail?   I can't imagine we'll do that, and don't mind being off the stage a ways, but when should we show up to avoid standing all the way in the back or behind the sound mixers?  What's the general feel down on the floor?  Don't feel like engaging in a constant battle for space - been there; done that 25 years ago.  Any other tips?  TIA!
Tagged:

Comments

• dmbolpdmbolp Posts: 1,287
    GA PIT for arenas (and PHILLY specifically) are just the front 1/3 of the arena floor.  You won't be anywhere near the soundboard.  They don't tend to fill up, so even arriving late you'll still be in front of the floor seats:

• gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,598
    Going to Philly on Sept 7, and lucky enough to get some GA PIT tickets for this show.  Never been in the GA floor before (for PJ), and going with my wife.  Do people start lining up a day in advance to try and get on the rail?   I can't imagine we'll do that, and don't mind being off the stage a ways, but when should we show up to avoid standing all the way in the back or behind the sound mixers?  What's the general feel down on the floor?  Don't feel like engaging in a constant battle for space - been there; done that 25 years ago.  Any other tips?  TIA!
    I have been in many GA pits and you can only do what you like instead of doing what others say. I always walk in after opening act and find a spot off to the sides.  The reason I choose the GA is to be able to move around. You're close enough and pushing and shoving for a spot ruins the night, also I can move away from the drunks who spill drinks and TALK TO THEIR FRIENDS LOUDLY while Ed is singing....so rude...
  • I have been in the GA pit for multiple shows/locations. 
    Arenas are more laid back. Seems like more space vs. people. Air conditioning helps. 

However, I was in the GA pit in Seattle/Safeco, and that was a shit show. Way too many people vs. space. It became hostile.  Half the people in there got in without the wrist bands. People trying to push in and closer that hadn’t been there the whole time. While there is security monitoring everything, it’s just way too many people to keep ass holes from being ass holes. 
  • Appreciate the responses - sounds like we won't have to fight the masses or get there 3 days early to just enjoy the show reasonably close to the stage.
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,830
    edited August 13
    Be kind to those around you, check the venue in advance in case they have a GA system they normally use, and as long as you don't mind being on the sides you can get a good spot without having to line up before doors open.

Managed to walk into United Center ('23) and Vegas ('24) after doors opened and was 2-3 back near the side walls of GA
    Post edited by tschav on
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,405
    Appreciate the responses - sounds like we won't have to fight the masses or get there 3 days early to just enjoy the show reasonably close to the stage.
    nope...even if you walk in with PJ you'll have a great spot
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana