Help Me

sustainediasustainedia Posts: 112
edited January 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
...arrange my pedal board. How would you order these pedals?

Korg DT-10 Tuner
Shannon O/D
Shannon Phaser
E/H Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby (True bypass Mod)
Toadworks Redux Delay
ProCo Rat (Vodka Mod)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• when it is all done i'll post some pics.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    tuner
    wah
    phaser
    clone
    OD
    rat (assuming the rat is for higher gain sounds)
    delay
  • I'm with Ex... that's the standard arrangement. The chorus and phaser could go after the OD/Rat for a different character, but I like my phaser before the drive, and the phaser/chorus order can be swapped if you want them to interact differently. But I'd put them just like Ex has them.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
    yeah, phaser/chorus is pretty much interchangeable. rarely are they on together though i've done it once in a while.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    where do you guys run your delay?

Mine's going on Ebay. :D Unless anyone wants it for $195 shipped.

I usually put it after everything else. My uniphase goes in front of the line.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • what do you mean? they run it at the end.

also, thanks guys. i'm expecting a pedal pad tomorrow.
    i run my delay at the end but i'm known to put it ahead of my overdrive once in a while a la mid 90s mike.
  • I have it at the end of my board so I can take advantage of stereo delays, but I prefer to run my delay before my reverb. In fact, I'm running mostly mono these days... maybe I should swap those back. But generally speaking, I put reverb last, and delay right before that. Since most people don't have a reverb pedal, I say delay at the end of the chain.
  • exhausted wrote:
    i run my delay at the end but i'm known to put it ahead of my overdrive once in a while a la mid 90s mike.
    i put mine at the end too.. but...

what does putting it before overdrive do differently?
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
    chunkier echos. give it a try.
  • exhausted wrote:
    chunkier echos. give it a try.
    ah :cool:

i'll try..

i dont have an overdrive pedal..

i use the overdrive in my amp (Fender amp.. love the OD) and i've been screwing around with my compressor lately.. turning the level, attack, and sustain up all the way to get this huge overdrive-like boost (been playing smashing pumpkins a lot lately ;) ).

i suppose i could put it in front of the compressor.. but as far as the OD goes i think i'm stuck right now.

"Make our day"
  • ah :cool:

i'll try..

i use the overdrive in my amp (Fender amp.. love the OD) and i've been screwing around with my compressor lately.. turning the level, attack, and sustain up all the way to get this huge overdrive-like boost (been playing smashing pumpkins a lot lately ;) ).

i suppose i could put it in front of the compressor.. but as far as the OD goes i think i'm stuck right now.

Unless you're running the delay thru an FX loop, you actually are running your delay before the overdrive, because the overdrive in the amp comes after the delay from your pedal. But an FX loop would put your delay after the overdrive from the amp. If that makes sense.
    ah :cool:

i'll try..

ah, well as mig said, you're already doing that essentially then. so you're good. i love that sound.
  • yeah i was thinking about that.. i figured my delay was pretty chunky already.:D

"Make our day"
  • yeah i was thinking about that.. i figured my delay was pretty chunky already.:D

If your amp has an FX loop, it would place your delay after your overdrive, if you care to give it a try.
  • you know i'm not sure if it does have an FX loop.. i haven't much thought about it.

"Make our day"
  • Bump
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...