Fingerpicking

wak5700wak5700 Posts: 22
edited December 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Any great fingerpickers out there willing to give me insights to my fingerpicking skills. I love it so much its so great. I use all of my fingers and am working on keeping the fingers on the strings when not being used. Anything else so I am on the way to being the next leo Kottke. Also slide tips would be great also.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nick1977nick1977 Posts: 327
    Try the magazine "Fingerstyle Guitar." It is a great resource to begin learning...it has easy pieces to advanced pieces, both in stanard notation and tablature. It comes out once everyother month. http://www.fingerstyleguitar.com
  • I love fingerpicking. My guitar teacher started me out doing it when I began lessons and it's quickly become my favorite style of playing.
  • I'm sure if you search the net you'll be able to find information on fingerstyle techniques. I leant by just finding two or three patterns and repeating them over and over again, even when i'm watching TV, just so it becomes totally subconsious.
    'Fox hunting is barbaric, the people who do it are a bunch of snobby tories with stupid posh accents. Oh damn, i didn't say that - damn, what a giveaway...'
  • heaveheave Posts: 159
    it is also one of my favorite styles as well!
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    I am not that good at fingerpicking, but two of the first songs I ever learnt were Metallica's Unforgiven and Nothing Else Matters. You might want to try attempting one of those, if not "Dust in the Wind" I found to be a good song to learn how to fingerpick.
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see